Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shocks with Echobit flip

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Jun 29, 2003.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I haven't set up my shocks for the Echobit shackle flip setup yet. Can anyone show me how you set yours up and what it costs?

I am not sure that I can afford to relocate them and I don't really think that's necessary for my uses, but if it's cheap enough I'll do it anyway.

2. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Is there any way I can build a shock setup that will still work if I were to swap to 57s? I'm concentrating on straightening out a bunch of other issues right now so I'm not going to tear into the rear suspension just yet.

4. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

If I remember right, you are running 6" of lift with the correct shocks for that lift. If your planning on running soft springs like the 57's in the future, want to make full use of their articulation and don't want to poke through the bed, I'd look at mounting the shocks just inside the frame rails in front of the axle at its center line, tops rotated forward about 35 degrees and mounted to the inside of the frame rails. Theres a number of ways you can create the mounts at either end, both weld on or bolt on. This provides enough body roll control as well as allows about 15" of vertical travel if centered properly. Now if your not too concerned with the added travel and just want to keep the ride characteristics you can just use the stock mounts but add limiting straps to keep the suspension from hanging on the shocks and breaking the mounts off. Running the tops of the shocks toward each other with the 57's can create a lot of body roll, but is generally fine on stiffer springs should you decide against ford leafs.

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I read your website and now I have no clue exactly what I want to do. I do know that I have no shocks in back at all right now and that I need to fab something this summer, just not sure exactly what yet. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

What shock has the amount of travel that I'm looking for?

6. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

good info Mike, I was considering using the ford shock mounts and angle them with the top right next to the shackle...

What do you think of that? I also use your kit as well with skyjacker springs and have a body lift so I could mount them a little higher if I needed to. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif