Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shocks

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 3030, Apr 27, 2000.

1. 3030

3030 Registered Member

I'm going to buy new shocks and was looking at the ranch rs5000, but after reading what corey88k5 wrote I think I need a few more suggestions. My k5 feels like I'm riding on the frame now so I really want a soft riding shock. Any opinions on the rancho rsx17000 self-adjusting shocks?

There ain't no way I'll get stuck in that hole.....oops.

2. SVBlazer

SVBlazer 1/2 ton status

Go with the 9000s. They are WAY soft on position one. Plus you can spin-em up when you want a little more for off roading. Just a thought.

3. Mr Red

Mr Red 1/2 ton status

After fixing two broken front-upper shock brackets and replacing worn out shocks, I know what you mean about feeling like you're riding on the frame!

My vote's for the Trailmaster SSV's. SSV=Speed Smart Valving. They've got a valve that senses when you're on or off-road. It closes off-road for a stiffer ride and I'm tell'n yah, on-road is nothing but sweet. Thought I was driving a Cadillac today. Best part is, you don't have to monkey with anything to change the s/u, it's automatic.

Just my 2cents worth,
    <font color=red>David, '86 K5</font color=red>

4. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

Hey Mr. Red how much did you pay for the Trailmaster SSV's they sound pretty good, it sounds like you're in love with them I'd like a set of those hunnies for me and where did you buy them.

keep blazin !!!

5. Nrose07

Nrose07 1/2 ton status

They sound like the Edelbrocks, are they the same technology? Also you guys know if the factory dual front shocks were common or not?

Displacement, cubes, and did you say you drive a riceburner???

6. buttman

buttman Registered Member

I have Rancho 9000's and they work great. you can adjust them from a soft ride to a firm ride.There not cheap but after you try um you should be satisfied, Buttman

7. Mr Red

Mr Red 1/2 ton status

Got 'em through BaddBoyz Off Road Stuff and Installation Center in Woodbridge, VA: 703-490-0330. Paid $45 each (regularly $73). They were on sale. Don't know if they still are on sale. I don't know if he'll sell to someone out of the area but you can always check. Call and ask for Jeff (my neighbor).

<font color=red>David, '86 K5</font color=red>