Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. GMtrucklover

GMtrucklover Registered Member

I am having a hard time finding shocks to fit my k5. The amount of drop and compression i have in the rear are limited because of the shocks. So what i was thinking was taking off the shocks entirly or maybe fabing a quick relase set up simular to sway bars. What do you guys think??

2. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

taking shocks off....no
    shock disco..........no

You need longer shocks.
    http://www.doetsch-shocks.com/trucks.php

You can pick whichever one one want. The longest ones are the 8403's. You can buy them from Summit part no DOE-8403 pretty cheap - check it out.
    -- Mike

3. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Find ramp to use.Take one end of shocks loose.Flex it out on ramp. Check length at both ends of travel.Rancho Etc. or parts house should be able to match something up.Lots of them have replacements for 2 & 4 in lift. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif If you want to move lower mounts for clearance nows a good time. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

You could also buy them from West TX Offroad and support the site. PM thelakerat

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

You have found the achille's heel of this truck thanks to the acid dropping engineers at GM. The only fix for this is redesigining the shock mounts, not longer shocks, not taking the shocks off or a disconnect.

You can look around and see what most members are doing with the shock mounts by mounting them angled towards the center of the truck and do/buy the appropriate fabricated solution.