Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shocks

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Me89'Jimmy, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Me89'Jimmy

Me89'Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Ive got quad shocks up front and two in the rear. im getting a lift on my truck so i need new ones. Should i get 6 new ones or are the quad shocks over kill? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

You can eliminate on of the front shocks. Especially if you get something like Rancho 5000's which tend to ride stiff. You will not like the ride if you have 4 up front. I run a single RS 9000 up front. Works fine. You are basically just wasting money if you buy 6. Later
    -fLeXy K20

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> It depends on what you do, but for 99% of people the singles are plenty. It appears you live in Maryland, and to my knowledge you don't have anywhere out there that you can do high speed desert running, so the singles are going to work just fine. If you like the rough ride then you could still go for the duals though. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif</font>

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, save some $ and go to single shocks up front. If you want a good soft shock that wont break the bank, figure out how long a shock ya need and call up West Texas Offroad and order some Doetsch Tech DT8000s. $35 a pop.

j