Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shooting Outing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Inu-Hanyou1776, Nov 24, 2005.

1. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Me, brother and dad went shooting again today after having Thanksgiving supper (or lunch, rather). Went to the same pasture as we did the last time, but we got off to a late start so we didn't get to spend as much time as I would have liked, but we still had fun.

Dad and brother have gotten two new guns since the last shooting outing.

First off, dad now has a .44 Magnum six-shot revolver that I swear looks EXACTLY like the .44 Magnum revolver from Half-Life! I only shot one full load of six-shots from it, then decided I didn't want to try shooting it again. It kicks HARD! Too hard for me in fact. It dug into my hands pretty good and left impressions in the skin, but no blisters thankfully.

The other gun he's now got is a gun him and brother call the Tali-whacker or Qaida-whacker. It's called a MAC-90, but it's really a semi-auto AK-47 with a plastic foregrip instead of a wooden one, and the wooden buttstock's different too. Otherwise, it works exactly the same as an AK-47 in semi-auto mode. Dad even got a few 30-round clips to go with it too. Brother was the only one who shot it. He hit a one-gallon oil jug at 64m on the first shot with it! Also, since it was my first time seeing it, brother also did a demonstration with it where he loaded up a full 30-round clip, took aim at the same jug, then proceeded to fire as fast as he possibly could to prove the thing's AK-47 roots. He emptied that whole 30-round clip in only about 12-15 seconds, but of course almost all of his shots missed the jug because it's hard as crap to aim properly when shooting that fast.

Since I still have the port-thingy in my chest (and will for another two-years), I'm still limited to only pistol-shooting. Besides the one-time stint with the .44 Mag, the only other shooting I did was with the .357 revolver. Hit a soft-drink bottle several times with it, but that wasn't the most enjoyable thing I did with it on this outing. The following was.

We brought a clay-pigeon thrower and a box-full of clays so dad and brother could do a little skeet-shooting with the 12-GA pump, but right before we started packing up, dad got a bright idea. He started taking the clay-pigeons and rolling them on the ground, and once rolling, I (or brother) would take a pistol and try to shoot it as it rolled along. Great fun, playing cowboy like that trying to shoot those rolling clays. I only got one hit. After trying it with the .357 a few times, brother then decided to try the same thing with the .44 Magnum. Only problem was that it was dusk now, and dim enough such that the muzzle flash from both .357 and .44 were bright enough now to completely hide the clays while you were trying to hit them.

Unfortunately, we didn't take a camera with is, so no photos to post up. :(

2. gauder

gauder Banned

Sounds like fun. Next time you have to have a port put in (because it will plug eventually), have them put it on the other side so that you might be able to shoot.

3. Inu-Hanyou1776

I'd try to learn to shoot right-handed, but my left eye is so dominant that I can hardly even see the sights if I bring a rifle or shotgun up to my right shoulder.

On the port, it ain't gonna get clogged. After chemo's over I'm gonna have to go to the doctor every six-months afterward so they can access it and keep it washed out, and I'm taking a very mild blood-thinner too to keep the blood from clotting up around the catheter part of it that's in my veins (that's mostly for the doc's own peace of mind more than anything). One of the things I'm wanting to do, since I'm stuck with it for now, is hopefully get cleared to give blood again before it's removed, and show up at a blood drive asking the nurses to access it and pull the blood out there instead of sticking me in the arm.

4. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

My agriculture teacher in high school is left eye dominant but is right handed. To shoot he wears an eye patch over his left eye. He said it takes a little getting used to but is possible.

Just thought I'd throw that out there for ya.

5. Inu-Hanyou1776

Thanks for the great idea. I'll try it.

6. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

My best friend and I went shooting too. Mini-14, Remington 597 .22LR, Ruger Security Six .357 Mag an a Bersa Thunder .380. We killed a couple trees and decimated some sheetrock and a couple metal pots. :D

7. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

I'm left-handed, left-eye dominant... shoot right handed, shoot pool left handed, throw darts right handed

:confused: