Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shop Manual???????????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Sep 14, 2000.

I was wondering if I can still buy a shop manual for an 86K5Blazer? I need an exploded view of the A/C and Power Steering Brackets and Bolts. I am putting mine back on and the original was kind of rigged and I want to put it back together like stock. Haynes and Chiltons don't show enough.

Larry86K5

1. 82K5

82K5 1/2 ton status

yes, they do exist. i have the 79-84 set. the next one would be 85-87. i saw one on ebay go for over 80 bucks a couple of weeks ago. also they have a ton of info in them. a must if you want to work on your own k5.

2. 82K5

82K5 1/2 ton status

i forgot to post this. call doug vogel at 734.424.9336, this is the guy i got my set from. cost me 50 bucks and they look new.

3. 82K5

82K5 1/2 ton status

whooooooppps. you said shop manual. i got my parts and illustration manual for 50 from doug vogel. that was what i was referring to, sorry. i do have a shop manual, but got it at a swap meet for $25. you still might try doug, he has a lot of automotive books. wow, took me 3 posts to get this right. sorry, i'm still on my first cup of coffee.

phil in k.c.

4. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Sorry I don't have more direct links anymore, but I just punched in "auto shop manual" in some search engines (yahoo, hotbot, etc) and visited some sites. Most have a request form and they email you back.

I got an email back from a Dan Bower (real nice guy) at http://factorya.virtualis.com/
    Then I ordered a shop manual from him for about $50 and got it a few days later in great shape. Try it out, hope you find it.

5. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

I was told by GM that they only go back 10 years so I had to get one for a '90 for use on my '89 Blazer. Luckily, most everything is the same. Unless you can find a used one or other source, you might have to settle for a Chilton style book! Sorry can't be of more help!

Brian
    89KBlazer

6. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

7. 82GMC

82GMC 1/2 ton status

Hey Panther this is kinda funny Dan Bower is my name too[​IMG]So wheres my 50 bucks?[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]Inline 6's make a lot of noise[​IMG]

8. Whii338

Whii338 Registered Member