Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shop manuals worth purchasing?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tp85, May 6, 2002.

1. tp85

tp85 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Wahoo! I just bought a 72 blazer 4X4 6 cyl 4 spd...99% stock, original owner type vehicle. Now I've got to go through this truck to get things up to par.

What are the shop manuals worth purchasing? For my other 94 and 87 chevy trucks I have bought the full set of shop manuals from helm. So this is the kind of stuff I am used to. I guess that I shouldn't expect the shop manuals be as good as those for my 94. I'd rather get manuals for my specific year blazer as opposed to a wide range of years.

I saw in LMC that they had a variety....so I'm not sure? Where is the best place to buy these manuals?

Anyone have a set for sale?

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Most of the repair books out there are combined with the Pick-Ups. I bought both Chiltons and Hayes, they both have the same info but some is in one book and not in the other and visa versa.
    I haven't used mine for serveral years now( i know my truck inside and out) but in the begining (93) they were better than nothing.....
    Good luck

3. 1bad82k5

1bad82k5 1/2 ton status

I really like the chilton's manuals, but the best manual I have is a big green GM service manual. They are pretty spendy, but well worth it. They cover everything in good detail.
    eric