Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

short changed on washers

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by yeild2me, Feb 25, 2001.

1. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

stephen,
    just to let you know, i was 12 washers short on my shackle flip....i thought maybe i wasnt supposed to put them on both sides, but the directions say "place a washer on each side of the connection"..maybe i misread it, but its no big deal....just wanted to drop you a line.....
    i did the WHOLE thing by myself...it took the whole weekend, the hardest part was putting that gas tank back up since it had about 10 gallons of fuel in it!! talk about a monkey [censored] a foot ball!!! this is definitily(sp?) a two man task............too bad my buddies all had "stuff to do"

AIRBORNE!!

2. KENBARBOUR

KENBARBOUR Registered Member

I was short 12 washers in my kit and when i did someone else's I was short again. Are we suposed to have washers on each side? I also found out when i did a second flip kit ( after i drilled my frame ) that if you put in the four side bolts and tighten them first the bottom ones usually go in without elongating the holes. Still a great kit maybe you should just include that little tidbit in the instructions.

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I guess it's time to revise the instructions, sorry about that. We went to 12 washers because there just isn't a good reason to have a washer against a piece of 1/4" plate. Kind of a waste, and one of those "efficiency fouls" against engineering correctness. Now we only run the washers on the inside of the frame. A washer on the outside does make it easier to work on without messing up the paint though.......
    You'll want to have the tank pretty much dry as you found out! That fuel sloshing around can be a real pain, especially when you are in between it and the ground. For most shops it's about a half day install, but that's with a little extra man power here and there, and a lift, etc.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [​IMG]
    SW-ORD