Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Short Rant about Autozone

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bluehen, Mar 29, 2007.

1. bluehen

bluehen 1/2 ton status

Let me get this out and I'll get over it....

Was halfway through a tune-up on my wife's Tahoe last night when I couldn't find my tube of dielectric grease. I remembered later that I had set it in the crate of tools and fluids to take to Paragon this weekend. Before I remembered this, I sent the wife in my K5 down to the local parts store to get some more grease. With brand new ac-delco iridiums and magnecore 8.5mm wires, I'm gonna have to dress them nice. 15 minutes later the house phone rings. Yep.... it's the wife. The guys at Autozone don't know what she's asking for. I repeated... dieletric grease. I heard her say ... dielectric grease. I said... dielectric grease for changing spark plugs. I heard her say the same. Still nothing. She told them the grease that you put on the plugs and wires when doing a tune-up.... nothing. I told her to cuss them with whatever volley her sweet little mouth could come up with and come home. I might as well have sent her to the pet food store.

2. chevy wrangler

chevy wrangler 1/2 ton status

LOL that sucks

3. Chrisblazzer89

Chrisblazzer89 1/2 ton status

X2!!!

4. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

You should have said spark plug lube. lol
    they sell it in little packets at the terminals.

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

AUTO ZONE = DEE DA DEE'S :haha: :haha: :doah: :haha: :haha:

6. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

No CHIT, if its not in their computer they have no clue. Try and tell them you need a 27" V belt. They say what it go on. I say a 2004 Mullis dragster. They say we dont have it. I say bull**** let me look.

Guess who found the belt?

7. vortec

vortec 1/2 ton status

yep, they're retarded. my friend and i have countless stories to back that statement up. he calls it "Buttzone". not really imaginative or fitting, but i guess it conveys his disgust for them, sort of.

i love loan-a-tool. checked out 4 of them, last week for my dd truck. but, if the tool doesn't appear on their little chart, with a part number, they freak out. i had to go in the back with the guy and pick the tool out myself.

i'll say something good about them, too. they have been good about honoring their warranties, in my experience. sucks to have to use a warranty, but still.

8. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

that's sig material...... I get the d*c on the forehead stare every time I try to get a part for my '42 GPW. Try explaining what a ballast resistor is to somebody with no clue that vehicles used to have six volt electric systems and generators.

9. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Exactly, I worked at one a few years ago for a while. One day a guy came in and came up to the counter and asked my female coworker if we had any wheel chocks. I knew it would be good so I just stood back and watched. So she went over to the computer...... After she asked what year vehicle, I had to finally step in. :eek1: :eek1: :haha: :haha:

10. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

I seem to have good luck at Autozone :dunno:

11. k5s10

k5s10 Registered Member

I bet the grease was right in front of him.They usually have it hanging on a rack there on the counter.

12. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Well, all you guys complaining about Autozones' service, and workers with the lack of knowledge,,,your first problem, is going INTO Autozone, THINKING they will know what you want..

I don't have too many issues with them, with most of the stuff i buy, but then again, i go in there expecting them to be stupid, so i figure out exactly how to describe the part, or get the exact part name ready for them.

Do your reasearch before you go in there, give the part numbers so they don't have to look anything up...

then if they still can't figure out something as simple as dielectric grease,,,then ask to speak with someone that might be alittle smarter than a cow.

13. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

[​IMG] "Moooh?"

14. BL1TZKRIEG

BL1TZKRIEG 1/2 ton status

I had one guy argue with me that they dont make a 90 fullsize blazer
    I said yes they do and pointed outside, and he still thats not a 90 :/

I told him I needed a drag link, he pulled out a diagram for a twin traction beam and started looking at it. I told him no, its for a chevy straight axle and he said they didnt have straight axles in the 90s and that he was correct. I was so freaking mad
    I shook my head and walked right out the door.

15. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

guess he didn't look at the computer :haha:

16. FOR MUD

FOR MUD 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

That's the main reason I go to NAPA. You pay more, but the BS factor is a lot less. The one I go to is family run, so they seem to care alot more and they know your name when you walk though the door. To alot of people that doesn't mean much.

17. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Now that is siggy material! :bow:

18. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

A****INGMEN!!!!!!LOL

jesus christ discount autzone w.e. sucks asshoel. i went in to get a pinion seall...had it in my hand blahblah hands me a Slip yoke seal. the whole time im saying no thats wrong i take it not even close the dumbass old jackass says its the same i threw it in his face and siad hes a frikin idiot...LOL
    guess where i went?! look above :D

im to the point that if i go in i have already looked up the #s at home and just walk into the back and pick them off hte shelves myselflol

19. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

My local A-Z is actually pretty competent. I still make sure I look it up on the web site before I go in, though. Better safe than sorry.

We have a local chain place called Murray's that's a little better on service but sometimes not as good quality parts. The biggest advantage Murray's has is the one by me is open 24 hrs.
    Buying auto parts at 3:am kicks ass. :D

20. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The part that sucks is that don't sell any internal axel parts, like the cross shaft bolt... ****ers!!!

Also they suck looking up parts in general. I wanted intake manifold gaskets, I tell them its for a small block chevy, they go 2 or 4 barrel?