Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

short tubes

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mccomas, Jun 12, 2005.

1. mccomas

mccomas 1/2 ton status

Can someone post up some close shorty pics like the ones that I have below of my long tubes. I have not been happy with the long tubes due to how low they hang and being too close to my rear spring hanger. I think a shorty will give me better clearance. I just need to see something before I change. I just picked these up about 7 months back. I love everything about them but for any hard wheeling, they are just too close.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. phil21705

phil21705 Registered Member

so do you wanna see the ones u got there i am lookin for a setup just now wanna pay alot lol

phil

3. mccomas

mccomas 1/2 ton status

someone has got to have some pics of short tubes installed....

4. uglyangelracing

uglyangelracing 1/2 ton status

Not sure where you bought those but Ive worked on alot of chevy trucks and those are for a 2 wheel drive. The 4x4 long tubes have more of a bend higher on the tube to allow the bottom to give clearance for the springs. I found this out when my friend gave me a free pair of headers for my truck off of his 2 wheel pickup and I tried useing them on a k5 blazer 4x4.

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

my 4X4 hooker headers to the same thing on my burb, i ended up cutting the flange off the end of the header and just welding the pipe to the header.

6. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

That is one clean under carriage you got. I do not have any pictures for you, but I prefer shortie headers to long tube myself because of the many clearance issues with things like starters, shock mounts, shackles, and a whole lot of other things. Since most 4X4s are not race cars, it does not matter if they get every ounce of performance out of the exhaust system.

7. uglyangelracing

uglyangelracing 1/2 ton status

with the pair he gave me I heated the tubes and applied gentle pressure to bend them slightly inwards.