Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Short Video - Some local fun

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BorregoK5, Jul 19, 2003.

1. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Jay found a new local place to play around with... its short because it was getting late and we hadden't broken anything yet, bunch of grown guys riding 50cc dirt bikes made the area feel a little strange - so James Brown it is!

http://www.echobit.com/video/local-funk.wmv

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

awesome video /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif nice jumps /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

It's a;ways good to use them sometimes....

4. fatboy

fatboy 1/2 ton status

Now I got the feeling /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif baby......nice air!

5. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I must concur...nice AIR! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

when you came off that rock did your shackle survive? i don't see how it could have! loks like it was nailed by that rock!

nice video and air too!

7. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Mike that was an awsome jump. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I bet when you rode that wheely you where like WOW. lol I see your V-bar is holding up. How did it take the jump?
    Hope to talk to you soon.
    Awsome video once again. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

That was Jays (Blazinair) K5 with the shackle scraping. He bombed all that the other day and ended up ripping his t-case skid plate almost off, he managed to slam his custom front shackles, front leafs and front driveshaft pretty good and only took a few scratches. All that with open diffs, all that flex was paying off on the climbing!

9. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

As for the jumping, Jay hit that jump real fast the first time and caught a great 4 wheel flat airborn launch, had me in awe - I made him do it again so I could get it on tape but the second wasn't as high. He was only running one shock up front on the drivers side and was a bit more cautious the second jump. I'm running withought bump stops and some cheezy procomp es3000 front shocks on the stiff 4" rancho springs - see how nicely that combo popped the front end back in the air!! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I didnt feel the front wheelie as much as I felt the truck slam the ground - I need some decent shocks. Look how good the 57's did on both trucks though, got ot give them props, they feel great!

V-bar works as good as ever, saved a spring on that same trip from bending when the tire fell in between some rocks. Jay and I found a ledge which the V-bar hit before anything else and prevented me from climbing it... rolled back, hit the gas and slammed it into the ledge popping the back end up and popping the whole truck up the ledge. It might have slightly bent it but its hard to tell, either way it took it in its weakes form so I'm pleased!

I went out wheeling with a group today and ended up busting a Dana60 drivers side hub (I think) so I ended up three wheelin the majority of it.

10. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

no no no, i was referring to your rear shackle, maybe it didn't hit, but it sure looked like it did, when you came off of some rocks. it's about 1:15 into the video

11. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Oh, yeah, sorry, I drop the truck on those all the time from all kinds of different angles on the bigger rocks, and drag it off and over the bigger ledges. In fact I aim for stuff all the time and use that to my advantage to ease the drop offs for a nice smooth departure. Its a lot harder to hit them than you'd think, you really have to be trying to push the limits of your truck... I've never hung up on them, and I've tried! I'm running a much stronger than stock extreme duty shackle which is made for abuse like that so I only scuffed the paint. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Looks like fun Mike! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif Some nice air. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Nice to see Jay's truck Gettin' it with open diffs too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Jay's pretty gung ho with the open diffs... I'm sure he'll be getting locked up soon though. I found a new local trail he wont be able to run until he does, so I give him 30 days.