Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shorty headers for a 73 w/ 327 swap?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mofugly13, Dec 14, 2002.

1. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

I've been searching the net and it looks like nobody makes shorty headers for a 73 blazer. Why couldn't I use headers designed for an 82? Will headers made for a 350 fit my 327? The casting numbers on the block are the same. I need a whole new exhaust pronto. The p.o. at some point snapped his rear driveshaft and it proceeded to tear holes in the mufflers. If I roll any of the windows down I'm sucking exhaust fumes. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">I have shorty headers for a 88-98 pickup on my 71 K5. They fit OK (I had to modify the clutch z-bar, if you have an auto they will fit fine), but I will never have to replace a collector gasket again /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I have pictures of my exhaust in my member album

3. Lazydog

Lazydog 1/2 ton status

Hey Biggray, why don't you have to replace a collector gasket with shorty headers?

4. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

You dont want short headers for your 4x4, they wont produce the potential torque at lower RPMs.

5. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">Because shorty headers don't have collector gaskets /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Low RPM tourque did not change, at least from what I can feel