Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shot a nice little buck Saturday...Now with pic!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyfumes, Oct 24, 2005.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I jokingly told my buddy to pull over and that I would hike down to the bottom of this old cut of a canyon and up the other side.. He took me seriously and hit the brakes. That was when I realized this reprod covered mess was choked by the most heinous brush I had ever seen in my life, and after all I mean what was the big deal it was only half a mile to the bottom and it was only about a 90 degree angle all the way down. What did I have to lose, if gravity took over the brush would surely stop me at some point...:haha: So after a slow and tedious march into what I believe to be a level of hell that Dante somehow missed I spotted the little buck trying his damnedest to get up the other side and it wasn't til I was doing a post morton that I realized I had perfectly destroyed his heart and broke his shoulder on the opposing side...:D Anyone for liver and onions???Anyway I'm just starting to feel normal again after spending too much time outside, the halucinations have stopped and I can almost form full sentences now, I wish the wife would let me go out again so I could fill my Bear and Cougar tag...:saweet: :D

[​IMG]...

As you can see it's a little brushy, this was one of the only openings and it was so small my buddy couldn't get his fat foot outta the way...:doah: And no thats not blood on my face but more brush shadow...:o

Last edited: Nov 2, 2005
  2. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Good story bro... sounds like mine from last year, but I couldn't take the shot because I was in quality herd management area, and I couldn't see the rack due to a heavy rain. Dah well... I'm sure I'll see a few hundred deer this season... while standing in the woods pissing while my rifle is 10 yards away leaning against a tree...

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

It took my buddy 45 minutes just to get to me and it took both of us over 2 1/2 hrs to get the buck to the truck, I have bruises and cuts all over me...:haha: And if all that werent enough we got stopped directly after by a couple game wardens and we were both so exausted and sketchy I though they were just going to open fire on us because we were acting really weird, they were cool though and we didn't do anything wrong , everything by the book for me, it was all good...:D

4. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Excellent! Got any pics?

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Good Lord Fumes has a gun, no one is safe now. I'll be up this weekend for backstraps and eggs :thumb:

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Yeah I actually carry a disposable camera and my buddy reminded me before we got too far...

Yep, thats me armed and hammered...:D :haha:

7. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Thanks Fockstick, I just spewed venison stew and ale out My nose :mad:

8. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

after youve hunted man killing a defenseless animal just doesnt sit right

outlaw hunting.... for anything other than humans

9. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Thank you former governor Jesse "The Body" Ventura :rolleyes:

10. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I just had elk stew tonight, and tomorrow night too!

And Jesse for Prez!

11. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Cam......... Have a warm cup of soy and shut the fock up :wink1:
    :haha: :haha: :haha:

12. camiswelding

nothing better than havin a warm cup of soy....

and puttin the red dot on a hunter :D

13. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Actually soy isn't all that great...

http://www.mercola.com/2004/jan/21/soy.htm

I don't want to challenge you or pick a fight, but your position doesn't make any sense to me. Certainly there are irresponsible people that go hunting and do some pretty rotten stuff, but I'm not sure they should be considered "hunters". I don't understand why you'd blanket-think hunting is the brutal killing of a defenseless animal. More along the lines of the killing and eating of a defenseless animal, which is a far cry healthier than the processed garbage we buy in our supermarkets.
    Would you object to a cat killing a bird? It's the same thing, essentially. In fact, the cat probably makes the bird suffer a lot more than a human hunter does his prey.
    If you want to put the red dot on a hunter, aren't you doing the same thing you're against? Unless you mean he's aware that you want to put the red dot on him, and he can/will do the same to you?

14. ak bandit

ak bandit 1/2 ton status

MMM! That sounds delicious!

15. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Thanks Ratch, I've been looking for that soy article for awhile now...;)

16. camiswelding

its a consciousness thing you probably arent interested in exploring...

I dont eat or kill animals.. I dont wear leather or use products that contain animal by products

this is not a flame but....

it doesnt take any macho man to kill a defenseless animal..... bambi isnt a predatory animal
    nor is there any real need to forage for food in modern times....
    deer meat... healthier... um... science doesnt bare that out I think
    the healthier alternative would be to eat lighter and more sustainably

People who have been in combat or killed another being would probably be sickened by the killing of innocent things

I realize Im the minority here.... but if people choose to post how satisfying or fun or macho it is to kill things..... then I will respond.... how unconscious they are

now people.... people are a whole other story.... they are deadly.. they shoot back... they cause injury and death...

red dot them

17. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I don't know guys, let's hear it?

18. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I disagree, grocerie should not always come from the supermarket in nice little pakages, as for your not wanting to harm or eat other living creatures. I can respect that and the fact that you think people should be removed from this planet, I agree there are far too many of us. Now if you think I'm trying to be some macho guy who does it to put a head on the wall, you've got me all wrong and I appologize if I came off sounding like that. As far as me being unconcious, you couldn't be farther from the truth, When I eat this animal I will be thankful for it...:o

19. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Is it wrong that at this very moment I'm eating antelope jerky from an animal that was hopping around Wyoming less than two weeks ago?

20. camiswelding

yum... 5 days putrifying in your gut,,,,
    sitting in your long colon... yum... cancer risk.. yum... raise your serum chol.. yum raise your bp... yum hard on all your systems, liver, kidneys, heart, digestion...
    yum... yep pass me another plate of dead carcass
    telling people who have been indoctrinated into the meat eating culture that the basis for their existence to date might not be so good for them doesnt really go down well....literally
    I ate meat when I was a child and didnt know better( I didnt like it)... but for close to 40 years Ive been a vegan...if you dont include the times I was force fed during times of training and "volunteering" for warm weather jaunts.... but thats another story

"Hunters" respect life.... all my ex miltary buds have better things to do than kill bambi...and the policemen Ive worked with were more than willing to try better, healthier eating alternatives.. especially those that could make them better performance athletes...
    I wonder if any "hunter" who got to experience the pain, suffering, and death from a rifle round would want to do it over and over,,, nope... only man is that screwed up,, we rationalize its ok,,,
    and thats what 99.9 percent of hunters arguements are
    rationalization of abhorent behavoir

Eating consciously takes a little effort... most Americans are lazy... or are so indoctrinated from the multi-billion milk/beef industry and TV it would be like cutting titanium with a pocket knife to change their minds.... but ...I provide another voice...neither better... nor worse... just different

Ok ... enough soap box...

Beef... its whats rotting in your gut...tonight!!!