Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shot my truck

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by georgiared84, Jan 31, 2003.

1. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

OK simple title for a really idiotic event. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Went deer hunting yesterday afternoon for the last week in Al. Hit a medium sized 6 pt. buck and stayed put for a little while waiting to see if any of his friends would come to check him out. One did and I missed him. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif My truck was parked a few hundred yards into the woods. When I got the deer drug back I threw him in the back and noticed there was glass all over the floor. The right rear window was busted out. Near as I can tell I missed the shot so well, the 308 bullet went through the woods and into my truck window.I think it's in the back seat. I mean "IN" the back seat. CRAP. I found another one today tinted the same, now I've just got to wrestle it into the truck. I don't care a whole lot for changing those windows. Did it when I painted and swore I'd just tape them off next time. Thought I'd share my stupidity. That's what I get for hunting on the ground instead of shooting down from a stand. This deer better taste really good.

2. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

i'm sorry but /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif i shouldn't be laughing but its perty funny. my neighbor bout a brand new 87 back in 87 and they were sittin there and his friend said i'm gonna shoot yer blazer. he was all you don't have the balls to do it. so he pulled out his pistol and shot the seat right between his legs and said now what do you have to say? they started laughin and drank some beer together. i think thats funny and stupid. but to each their own.

jacob

3. bigmack

bigmack 1/2 ton status

That sounds like some of the crap that happens to me. We'll at least I'm not alone. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

I'm normally really picky about safety with my guns. I take my kids with me and never let them screw around. I should know better than to shoot level across the terrain.