Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shot-Online.com

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PhoenixZorn, Jun 20, 2006.

1. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

You guys gotta play this game... If you like golf at all, or even if you hate it, the game is just plain outstanding... You start out as a complete n00b and as you progress you gain superhuman golfing abilities... the current longest drive is 436 yards...

Anyway, if you decide to play, you can also buy things from their website like enhancement items, clubs, balls, clothes, etc... which really give you a great advantage in game. Soon the retail box will be released and will be available for $29.95 but as far as I know, if you start your free character now, it won't be reset when the new retail version comes out.

Add Dragonriot to your friends list, and I'll see you in the game.

P.S. In my signature is a link that gives me a referral bonus for you signing up, so please... if you want to play, click that link...

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Let me say their sign up system is inheritly gay and someone should die for it being a pile of monkey crap................................

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

And that they need to suffocate in a monkey's ass for it......................

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

And I wonder if they want the names of the first born, my bank account number and how many times I've sex with farm animals in the last week????????????

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

And on top of that, the download is over 300 megs..................:eek: :eek: :eek:

6. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

May the flees of 1000 camels infest their groin.

7. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

That site has to have the most restrictive password rules ever.

I decided to go with "F@wkth1s" :D

Kinda seems like RYL:2 - a sweet yo MMORPG. Run around doing things and killing stuff for free until they finally want some cash from ya. I actually paid for a couple months. You could also spend some cash and get upgrades and such.

8. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

signed up. prety neat game.

doesnt beat tiger woods though.

my nick is wraenking

i added ya dragon

9. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

New Shot-Online Official Strategy Guide by DragonRiot...

Ok... so the interface sucks... the chat interface sucks more, but come on guys... it's a good game... Bubba, did you ever play any other MMORPGs? The download size of 300MB is all the courses, the 3d characters and the whole game content... it's the win... Yeah... password system sucks, and they may want too much info, but you don'thave to pay a dime for anything if you don't want to. If you don't want to spend money, you can always buy for cheap and sell for high in game, but as it's such a small community right now (it's still beta guys) it's hard to make a profit that way. Of course, there is the chance you might score some clubs or gear from a Present Box, which is awarded occasionally if all of your round mates score par or better... You can get a whole slew of things from the boxes, from 1 credit to the best club in the game...

For a password that fits their scheme, a capital at the beginning and a ! at the end will work out just fine, and is easy to remember if you use the same password for everything... not a good idea anyway.

Also, I plan on starting a guild for the Brotherhood, and hopefully enough of you will start playing that we can have multiple guilds... The biggest issue with the guild system is that you can't guild chat until your guild levels up, so private messages and public chat are the only options until we get high enough level... Also, at the lowest level, guilds are limited to 20 members, which is why I said we'd need multiple guilds if enough of us play.

So without further adue, and no more guilding the lily... the Shot-Online beginner strategy guide.

• Pick any character... pick your favorite look, or someone that you feel has the best starting stats. The 5 available starting characters will all even out by level 25 or so if you put your points in the right stats. If you want to pick the old dude, you'll have to pay for at least one month of either the Gold or Gold Plus Memberships... after that month, you get to keep him and everything else that comes with your membership.
      • Albus - The Old Guy. His only advantage is that he starts with 2 more points than anyone else. At high levels, these 2 points mean almost nothing... His starting stats are 4 Power, 8 Impact, 8 Skill, and 2 Stamina. He requires membership to play.
      • Belzebuit - 19 year old English dude... Easily the most popular player choice due to his decent starting stats for Impact and Power. His low Skill stat can be left alone for a few levels, but should be raised to 9 after Power and Impact both reach 15. After that, leave Skill and Stamina alone. Gear for him in game is the cheapest because he's the most popular. His starting stats are 7 Power, 5 Impact, 2 Skill and 6 Stamina.
      • Erda - 17 year old Italian hottie... If she wasn't 17, Belzebuit would be all up on her... maybe they should move to North Carolina together... Her name means "Goddess of Wisdom" and her stats show it. She begins the game with 5 Power, 3 Impact, 8 Skill, and 4 Stamina.
      • Shaoring - 15 year old Chinese girl... She's the one all the other little Chinese girls want to grow up to be like... With some of the most well rounded stats, she's a great player in any situation. She has a cool head and her Impact shows it. She starts with 4 Power, 8 Impact, 4 Skill, and 4 Stamina.
      • Wotan - A 19 year old powerhouse from Spain, Wotan starts with really high Power and Impact, but very low Skill and Impact. He's pretty buff, so naturally, people who play him are likely making up for lacking something in real life... (j/k) With the right point distribution, he can be just as good or better than the other characters at lower levels, and stays fairly even throughout the level progression. He does have the coolest clothes though. He starts with 9 Power, 1 Impact, 1 Skill, and 9 Stamina.
      • Zygmunt - How the hell they named this guy I'll never know, as I've never seen any American named Zygmunt, at least not an 18 year old American... He's the only lefty in the game, and oddly enough, the least popular, even though he has great skills. If I were to re-roll a character, I'd definitely pick Ziggy. He starts with 4 Power, 6 Impact, 8 Skill, and 2 Stamina.
    • As the game will tell you repeatedly, Overpowering has it's place, but not for keeping with the pace. This just means that 100% shots consistently is better than hitting into the yellow on the power bar on every shot. It makes your fatigue go up quite quickly if you over power every shot, and you won't see the benefits of it for a few levels anyway. Of course, hitting in the red will often cause you to shank your ball, which is a horrible thing when you are on the tee box. The best shot is 100% at the top of the swing and 0% at the bottom. Practice is the only way to get it down to a science. Not clicking all three times on your first try on a hit will make the power bar go faster the next time... which is bad... try to get as close to 100% and 0% as you can the first go-round.
    • A 90% shot with a club is the same as a 100% shot with the next lower club unless you are in sand or heavy wind... If you have a headwind, club up 1 or 2 clubs, if you have a tailwind, you can usually club down.
    • The little red dot on the ball is moved with the right mouse button... It can't get all the way to the outer edge of the ball, so get it as far as you can if you plan to use some spin. Top spin will help when you are on an upslope, backspin for downslopes and for stopping your ball on the green. Left or right spin will cause Fade and Draw respectively. Use this to your advantage... fading or drawing as much as the red dot will allow can add up to 30 yards to your drive off the tee.
    • Levelling can be frustrating, since your XP points are based on your hole score... If you are playing with others, you not only get an XP bonus from playing with them, but you get XP when they get birdies or better on a hole. This is especially good when playing with higher levels, because while they get almost no XP on the beginner courses, you get loads for their birdie. I offer powerlevelling to any Brotherhood member by the way... I can give you XP until you get to level 19, then you are on your own.
    • Money in the game is called NG. I'm not sure what it means, but stuff costs a LOT... doing the beginner course will get you on your way to being able to buy new clothes, clubs, and most importantly, greens fees.
    • Don't worry about the crappiness of your clubs... You are a beginner, and your distances will show it even if you have the best set of clubs available in the game. If you must have a new set right away, pay the $30.00 to buy game CASH which you can use on the website to buy a full set of clubs. The Peacock Green set is an awesome set, and can be bought in the item mall. With the extra CASH left over, you can buy an XP or NG booster item which are awesome for quick levelling or quick NG flow. If you want the best right away, spend $50.00 and buy the Antique set... but know that you can't use it until level 21, so it's better to figure out if you like the game first. BOTH sets of these clubs can be bought in the game for Millions of NG, but it takes longer to build up NG in game than to just buy the stuff.
    • Your driver is only for the Tee Box... you can't use it off the tee, and you will suffer if you try. The 5I is the lowest club you can put backspin on... the 3I, 4I and woods just aren't affected by backspin at all. Sand and Rough make your powerbar move faster unless you have clubs that slow it down. Be careful.
    • Stats are the all important things that improve your game over time. They are listed here in detail... from my own observations, this is what I THINK they do. There is no definitive answer to these stats.
      • Power - Ultimately, the distance you can hammer the ball down range. Having your power above your impact skill is a bad thing though unless you are on the tee, so watch out.
      • Impact - This stat affects the way your club face meets the ball. The higher your impact stat, the more accurate your shots will be. It should get to about a 3:2 ratio of Impact:Power, to compensate for clubs that give Power and take away Impact.
      • Skill - How well you can control the way the ball behaves after you hit it. No, there aren't any cool controls like in Tiger Woods for making your ball spin more, but if you want to fade or draw, this stat will absolutely determine how much you get to do so. It also controls backspin. Leave it alone once it gets to about 9 or 10, and leave it there until you feel you have maxed out your Impact and Power.
      • Stamina - This stat controls your steadiness on the green and in the bunkers. The better this stat is, the better your shots will be. Higher Stamina also keeps your fatigue down, which is a good thing too. You can generally ignore this stat for the first few levels, since you will level before your fatigue bar gets full, but you'll want to get to around 6-8 before to long, and again.. leave it at that.
    • Putting is the most important part of any golf game, as over 43% of your time is spent on the green. The slope of the green may seem hard to read at first, but you'll get the hang of it quickly if you play other computer golf games. To adjust your aim, use the keyboard left and right buttons for a full click. Then use the left mouse button to fine tune your aim. Most shots between 2-4 yards only require one click left or right unless the slope is violent. Make sure you remove your backspin before putting. For shots over 5 yards, count the number of lines in the slope meter going left and right, average them, and click left or right accordingly. A consistent easy slope usually only requires one or two clicks, but more violent slopes can need as many as five or six clicks. I would suggest just trying to get close rather than trying to sink long putts at first, as overshooting often means your next shot is further away than the previous one.
    Well... that's it so far... what I've learned in this game from playing for a mere 3 weeks. It becomes a lot more fun as you level, and the developers have promised to release a new course soon. If you like golf, this game might even actually help your real game, as they use a proprietary (built for this game) Physics Engine which reliably simulates what the ball would do in real life including ball trajectory, roll, swing style and weather effects. THe only thing that is obviously not real are the drives at higher levels... Anyone over level 30 can drive the ball at least 300 yards, and over level 40, most can drive 380-400. The record in the game is 466 or so, which can be achieved by anyone with good clubs and a strong tailwind after level 50.

Of course, if you do decide to play, please click the link in my signature, as I get bonuses for referrals. I'll be starting the new CK5_Brotherhood guild (with permission from Steve of course) once at least 10 of our Brotherhood join the game. If we get enough members, I'll appoint someone in the guild to start a second guild (again with Steve's permission) called CK5_SubCulture. Add me to your friend's list as soon as you get in, and it will ask me if I want to add you when I next log in... I have yet to not add someone to my friends list, so I'll know who you are. My name in the game is DragonRiot, so send me a private message if I'm online, and I'll play a few holes with you and show you some more of the basics, and hopefully get you a few levels. I'm broke at the moment, so I can't give anyone money, but as I level, I'll have no problem helping a brother out with loaner clubs or clothes, etc. I play Belzebuit, and once I touch an item, it becomes a Belzebuit ONLY item... but that shouldn't stop you from picking your own character.

At any rate, Good Luck and Have Fun.