Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

"Shotgun Robzilla" No more

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by therobzilla, Jan 30, 2004.

1. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

\"Shotgun Robzilla\" No more

Well boys and girls, the day has come, I am going to pick up my new both side front cromo axles from Superior on Friday while in CA on business. I picked up my 2 OX u joints today. Last weekend I installed my rear Superior cromo shafts for the 12 bolt.

So........ I think the axle breakage is going to come to an end??? Maybe??? Superior has told me the doubt very I will ever break the shafts if I run OX or CTM. They say the hub will break first. We will see, going to flog them real good like this weekend on Woodies Wash.....

I will snap a few pics of the OX ujoints before I put them in friday night. They are kinda cool looking.

So, no more Snap Crackle & Pop from Rob for a while at least..

See everyone out at Florence this weekend.

Rob

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Re: \"Shotgun Robzilla\" No more

Boyo Rob,
    Here I am not even sealed up the rear diff cover again and you're doin all that work. Ah well such is life. See y'all on Saturday. Good luck to y'all.

Allan

3. FWP

FWP CRS

[ QUOTE ]
    So........ I think the axle breakage is going to come to an end??? Maybe??? Superior has told me the doubt very I will ever break the shafts if I run OX or CTM. They say the hub will break first. We will see, going to flog them real good like this weekend on Woodies Wash.....

[/ QUOTE ] Sure, now it will be ring gear bolts, locker,hubs, driveshafts, etc..etc /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Good to hear Rob! Although the sound of an axle snapping gave the guys with me a thrill they had never heard before! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Ive heard my share.
    Just out of curiosity... has anyone ever broken a front axle in a D44 BEFORE the u-joint broke? Any I have ever seen, the u-joint breaks, then takes off the axle ears... the axle is fine until the joint breaks. On those chromo axles, are the ears stronger than regular as well? Could a guy get away with just putting some OX joints in a std axle shaft and be stronger?

Mike

5. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Just out of curiosity... has anyone ever broken a front axle in a D44 BEFORE the u-joint broke?

[/ QUOTE ]

You bet!.. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll prolly be running a D44 front long after everybody's given up on them..... BUT - I'll have to agree w/ the 1 ton crew - There's no such thing as a bulletproof D44 /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Marv

6. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Hey Rob, what brand of pollish are you using? /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

J/K, congrats on the new toys!