Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Should a blubie get a 2nd chance?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 8_YOUR_H2, Oct 9, 2002.

1. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

OK Just want to see what you all think. Lets say (hypothetical situation) there is a blubie...and this blubie posts some of the usual cheapskate crap in the feedback forum on how horrible it is that Steve Fox dont run this site for free and how everyone should be able to make loads of money off of the CK5 site....blah, blah, we have all heard it before. So everyone bashes this jerk to the point he/she deletes all of the posts and disappears for a while....then the bluebie comes back under a different name and buys a membership, then tries to be all buddy buddy, kiss a$$ so he/she can sell their crap here.

Now, I have always supported this site by voting and buying a membership (which I need to renew!!)...I try to help people by giving incorrect info that could ruin their NP 205 tcase...I sell stuff to fellow members at cheap prices to help them out...I personaly tell everyone about this site and encourage they get a membership. blah blah blah. NOT trying to take food out of anyones mouth, but, should a blubie be given a 2nd chance?

**edit** I deleted the repetitive use of the word "jerk" as to not sway anyones opinion.

2. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Re: Should a jerk blubie get a 2nd chance?

Not no, but HELL FAWKING NO. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif You getting soft on us? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If they see the error of thier ways, maybe some probation ??? I don't know, sometimes I'm just too nice though.

4. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Even if the blubie "tests the water" under a fake name at first. Not only a new user name, but on their bio..a fake name NAME ...

this is all hypothetical of course /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

5. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

uumm no
    but if it were to happen what do you suppose the new hypothetical name would be? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I try to help people by giving incorrect info that could ruin their NP 205 tcase.

[/ QUOTE ] huh? did you mean to type this this way? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    what do you suppose the new hypothetical name would be?

[/ QUOTE ] i think his answer was "NAME" /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Does this person admit what they've done ???

8. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I answered a post about where the shims are placed in a 205 idler gear and was wrong and I feel like a total retard to this day....

As to this hypothetical person admitting to their wrong doing....hell no they didnt admit to it..they tried to see if anyone would realize who they were (cause hypothetically people chased them down in the for sale forum and put threads out on how they were cheap!!) then went and paid for a membership thinking we would forget. Well, I NEVER FORGET AN A$$ HOLE!!

9. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

this is a hard question. i guess it would depend do they see what they said and did was wrong? do they treat people fairly? have they made any bad deals when selling? people make mistakes i think they should be up front about it and not sneak around about it. from what i have seen of the great people on this site is that they are forgiving and if someone was to say hey i made a mistake can you all forgive me i think people in time would forgive them /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

10. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Hmmmm....
    All this talk sounds a lot like us vs. them.
    I guess that's ok except when you're a them.

If you don't like someone, that's ok. But unless they are banned by a moderator, I think they should be left alone.
    -- Mike

11. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

it would all depend on what this person did. there are ways ya can try and forget. i dont' think its ya'll(members) vs us(bloobies). i wish i was a ya'll. lol. i just don't have money /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif lol. oh well. i still think my pennies idea will work. later.

jacob

12. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Well, If all he did was post his negative feelings and didnt like rip people off in the for sale forum, and he has bought a membership, let him go for it. He seems to have changed his mind. Keep an eye on him though, untill your happy there's not going to be a repeat performance.

13. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Well, its not "Us vs. Them". And its not totaly hypothetical eaither.