Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Should Flowtech Afterburner Headers Have a Dent in Them?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by johnny reb, Dec 20, 2000.

1. johnny reb

johnny reb 1/2 ton status

I bought some ceramic coated Flowtech Afterburner headers from Summit. Got them today. When I was looking at them, I noticed a dent in the first pipe on the drivers side header. There is no dent on the passenger side header. So I packed them up and was about to send them back when I realized that the dent could be there purposely for spark plug clearance. I'm waiting to receive my new crate engine so I couldn't dry fit them. So I called Summit and they said that I could be right or that it could have been damaged during shipping (they suggested that I call Flowtech direcelty, which I will do tomorrow). I know some of you have the Flowtech Afterburners. Do yours have a dent?

2. 89Jimmy

89Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Yes.
    John

So Much to do, So LITTLE cash.

3. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Like the other dude said. It should have that dent there. And yes, its for the spark plug. I have the same headers.
    Boss
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.boss.coloradok5.com>http://www.boss.coloradok5.com</A>

[​IMG]

4. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Mine has a dent also...that way it sorta matches the rest of the truck...