Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

should i buy a blazer????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85mudbogger, Feb 17, 2007.

1. 85mudbogger

85mudbogger 1/2 ton status

currently i have an 85 chevy longbed, it has a 327 th350, np208, custom 8 or 9 inch leafs, as in i put a bunch of arched leafs together and the front are 3 inch wide so it rides like a log truck, no flex in front but the frame twisting, you can see it here- www.putfile.com/84camaroinprogress i mainly wheel in mud but here lately ive been wanting to climb stuff like dirt mounds and no rocks yet but never say never. i got worn out 38.5 hawgs and a 14sf 6 lug 4.56 and d44. my question is my dad has an 86 blazer he would sell my for 200 buxs it has a working th350, np208 motor is a 400sbc but spun bearing which he said is not going with it grrrrr, stock lift, its blue and gray, body in good shape no dents, just little spot on hood where paint flaking,
    Would this blazer wheel better than my truck, i do mud drag occasionally, either truck or blazer it would get 52s in front and i would make the height match my rear springs somehow, want flex haha, whats the pros and cons of a blazer and same with a long bed truck, now just cuz you got a blazer and think its supreme dont say it would be supreme for me i want tech please vs a truck and a blazer if i can get some pics of the two i will post them thank you

2. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Buy the Blazer and hang with us cool kids.....

3. bodacious

bodacious 1/2 ton status

Hayell Yeah!!!!!!:d

4. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

buy the blazer drop a crate 350 in and keep the truck. the truck will do better in mud drags and is good for hauling stuff and towing. the blazer has a much better departure angle and breakover angle and tighter turning radius stock then a truck. They make good trail rigs.

I have a blazer, a regular cab shortbed, and a regular cab longbed. I'm not biased in any way.:D The longbed is for towing and daily driving. the shortbed is for wheeling. and the blazer I bought sight unseen for $100. It was inspected for 10 more months and only needed exhaust and body mounts. the PO had gotten some big quotes to do the work. I'm just kind of holding on to it and keeping it inspected.

5. 85mudbogger

85mudbogger 1/2 ton status

well if i got the blazer the motor and tranny and t case out of the truck would go into the blazer and keep the tranny and t case out of the blazer for a spare, the truck would be parted out if i went this route