Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Should i buy it?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Confedneck, Feb 14, 2004.

1. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

guy at work has an 89 k1500 and just put a new motor in it because his spun the number 1 and 2 rod bearings.. he only wants 100 bucks for the motor and heads with covers.. 1.94 valves, it could be 2 or 4 bolt, but def one piece rear main.. whaddy'all think??

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Go fer it, its most likely a 2 bolt main motor though. But Ive been known to be wrong before.

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Do you need a new motor? If your current motor is fine then I would say you shouldn't buy it. What is wrong with your current motor? If you are needing a rebuild than that is a god price for a long block 350. I sold my old piece of crap 350 for $160.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I would, but I'm a Chevy collector. Something comes along at a price thats in the budget I scoop it up. Learned it from my dad. It may not be a big power motor but hey I wouldn't mind having an extra 1 piece rear main motor sitting around. We have 2 extra 350s and 1 Pontiac 400 in the garage right now and i wish there were more sitting around.

5. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    but hey I wouldn't mind having an extra 1 piece rear main motor sitting around. We have 2 extra 350s and 1 Pontiac 400 in the garage right now and i wish there were more sitting around.

[/ QUOTE ]
    redneck... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifj/k /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Pull the crank out first a make sure it is still turnable. If it is buy it.

7. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

For $100 why really worry about the crank at all? They heads are worth more then $100... well to some people I guess