Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Should I buy these tires?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TX Mudder, Jan 18, 2003.

1. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Total price for four 36-12.5-15 TSL radials shipped to my door is $748
    I would still need to have the local Wal-Mart or whatever mount and balance them and I don't know off hand how big a hassle that is or how much that costs.
    This looks like a good deal and I'm itching to get some new meats.
    -- Mike

2. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

that works out to 187 per tire...from what I've seen for a 36- that's a pretty good price. I'm working on a set of Mickey Thompson Baja Claw Radials - 35's and I'll be paying more than that per tire once they put shipping into it.

Just an FYI- I don't think Wal-Mart has the equipment to properly mount and balance a tire of this size. I know here, there are 2 tire places that "can do it" other places claim they can- but they don't get it right...even after numerous tries.

Brandy

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

So is that like a private deal, or can anyone get in on that one ??? If so, hook up the link please. I'd like some 36" Swampers.

4. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

That is the price I got from the dorks at 4wheelparts.com
    Free shipping, $25 handling fee, plus the tire cost and that's it. You have to order on-line.
    You have to register to get the quote, but that's no big deal.
    -- Mike

5. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your purchase will cost $748.80. Please enter your payment information and press the "Place Order" button below.

Purchase Summary
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subtotal: $723.80
    Shipping: $0.00
    Handling: $25.00
    Tax: $0.00
    Total: $748.80

That's the cut and paste.
    -- Mike

6. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

can't they mount them there at 4wheelparts. i know you have one cuss yer in houston. there is one there. just go there and say hey i was told this much for tires and just ask if they can mount and balance em for you. later.

jacob

7. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Go to the tire and wheel places near you and ask them. I work at a tire&Wheel/4x4 shop and I know or mounting machine can only do 35's but we can do them buy hand and im pretty sure we could ballance a 36 because we do 35's with any problem. But if they cant do it go to the 4x4 shops that do 44's /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Well, I just ordered them.
    If I have to I'll take themn to the local 4WPW for mounting and balancing ($$) and it will still come out better than if I had bought them at the 4wpw because of the sales tax, plus they charge inbound freight even on tires sitting in the showroom.
    I'm hoping someone locally will be able to. Wal-Mart sells 35" tires, do I don't think a 36" is going to kill them. We'll see.
    I'm excited about getting these! I've been needing bigger tires for quite a while now.
    I wanted the 37" SSRs, but i hear they are a softer compound so these 36s are hopefully the right choice for me.
    -- Mike

9. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

And I just got them in today!
    They actually were in Houston Monday, but I have been working this whole week so I had to get them afterhours from the freight company.

A local tire store said they'd mount and balance them for $60.

Can't wait!
    -- Mike