Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Should I buy this K20?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thebean_74, Aug 13, 2003.

1. thebean_74

thebean_74 Registered Member

There is a k20 for sell in my building. 4x4 90,000m, original owner, body in good to excellent condition. I am in need of a pickup for hauling and moving things around but i had something newer in mind (Chevy HD). I could probably wait until next summer if this truck will get me by uintil then. I am planning on putting a 383 in my 94 2 Door next month, but every time I leave my apartment this 86 Chevy keeps staring at me. I know that the 86 do not have fuel injection, what other reasons do I have not to buy this truck(besides my wife ex-communicating me) . He is asking 3500 but I think he will go below 3000.

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

if its in nice shape id take it! do you know any thing more of what the drive train is? i love these trucks over newer ones becuase they can be made just as reliable as any other truck out there and the parts for them are a dime a dozen....and for the most part..there easy as hell to work on...(compared to new trucks that is /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

3. thebean_74

thebean_74 Registered Member

I just called the guy. It has a 350, he does not know what tranny it has, 3/4 ton. He did know that it had dual tanks. Turns out that he is not the original owner but purchased it from the O.O. 8 months ago. I may end up holding off for a newer truck.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Atleast test drive the 86. New trucks kinda suck. Price is way high, and then you have too deal with that IFS crap. Think how nice a older truck could be if someone invested the same dollor amount into one as the price of a newer truck. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif