Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Should I buy this Suburban

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by Blazin Ed, Jun 26, 2003.

1. Blazin Ed

Blazin Ed Registered Member

I'm looking at buying a '95 Suburban LT from a private party and was wondering if there are certain things I should be looking for? It's a 3/4 ton with a 350, AT, and 130K miles. Belt was recently replaced, oil is dk brown, 2yr old battery, coolant green and topped off. The guy wasn't too mechanically inclined and always took it to a shop for any tune-ups and other misc. Glass is all good but he said the driver side mirror motor sometimes sticks and just clicks when trying to adjust. The seat bracket for the driver side broke and needs to be replaced or welded together. The tires are 245/75/16 that need to be replaced and looks to be more worn down on the inside so I'll have to get the alignment checked if the deal goes through. He's asking $9000 but I think I can get him down to $7000 from our conversations. BTW, what's the recommended wheels/tires you can put on one of these with zero rubbing?? I'll be doing occassional towing of a 3000 lb boat...

2. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

130,000 miles isn't low mileage, but it's not excessively high either. I bought my '95 pick-up with 152K on it, it's up to 172K now and still runs great, have only done routine maintenance and some minor repairs ( intake gasket, some leaking fittings and hoses, new exhaust). I went from 245's to 265's and it still has plenty of room, 285's would probably fit. My main concern would be the transmission, has it been rebuilt? serviced? any history? Is it a 4L60E or 4L80E? Buying anything used is a gamble, but it doesn't sound like a bad deal.