Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Should I buy?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by freedumbGMC, Jul 30, 2002.

1. freedumbGMC

freedumbGMC Newbie

I've got a guy selling an 85 k5 Jimmy. It's in great condition, great price, but it has 180k miles on it. The dilema on buying it is that i don't know how much longer the motor will last. The guy is the second owner, and he bought it 5 years ago. If you could please email me with any advice that would be great. FREEDUMBSKATERAD@aol.com

2. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

fill in your profile so we know where you are..
    if you're in a place where rust is common, and the truck is rust free and a good price, i'd buy it... motor swaps are pretty easy...
    180k means other things are going to go too if they havent gone already and been replaced...
    i got mine in the mountains, lots of snow, lots of salt, got it cause it ran real nice, but now the frame and body arent doing well...
    wish i'd gone with a rust free truck with a bad drivetrain, would have been much easier for me to fix right, i'm good with mechanical stuff, not bad with body, just not a lot of patience with it...

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Sent you an E-mail. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif