Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Should I do this? (club forums)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CK5, Jun 20, 2002.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I think you should...for obvious reasons. IMHO the clubs could also just use a yahoo email ring and save you even more bandwidth. Then you could just put up a contact link to the various CK5 affiliated clubs on the home page...

Just my 2 cents...no flames please /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Rene

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Is that 60 bucks each?!

4. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue"> Ditto ........ it doesn't make sense to me why you wouldn't want to do such a thing . </font color>

5. CK5

60. per forum, per year, you can have as many members/non members as you want in your private forum, at least that's how I read it.

6. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

If it will help keep CK5 alive then doit. I don't feel the need for a 'private' board! I like the cruzability to see how the other clubs are doing and learning/getting club ideas and such. So making them closed door instead of open door is the only thing I don't like much. Any and all are welcome to our club so having a locked door is sending the wrong message....
    my .02c

7. CK5

Could have it where anybody can view but only people in the club can post and reply.

8. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

im not even in a club but that sounds like a better idea cuz i like to check out some of the club forums from time to time...

Later

9. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i like it /forums/images/icons/smile.gif it would help you raise more money for ck5 /forums/images/icons/grin.gif the only thing i didnt like was that other members of ck5 couldnt view it /forums/images/icons/frown.gif i wouldnt mind any member from ck5 viewing or replying to our pnfs4x4 forum also if it was me i wouldnt mind it being visable to anyone that way non members can see it and maybe join /forums/images/icons/smile.gif just my .02

10. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    If it will help keep CK5 alive then doit. I don't feel the need for a 'private' board! I like the cruzability to see how the other clubs are doing and learning/getting club ideas and such. So making them closed door instead of open door is the only thing I don't like much. Any and all are welcome to our club so having a locked door is sending the wrong message....

[/ QUOTE ]
    I couldn't say it any better.. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

11. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Ditto. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

12. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

If non members could not post or reply, how could they get information about joining the club? PM the moderator? I just want non members to fell welcomed.

13. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I agree with Rene. So I guess Ditto.

14. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Of coarse I would have to put it to a vote with our club. But I don't think Nor-Cal Big Dawgs would mind spending $60.00 a year.. But keep it open to everybody..So new members feel welcomed... ...Dan

15. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Yup! We are all a team! Everyone goes in......Everyone comes out!! TOGETHER!
    /forums/images/icons/cool.gif "OK ..I'll pull you out"/forums/images/icons/cool.gif hehehe
    I think your on to something good! And don't lock the door let all reply &amp; post we can just setup guidlines and such to keep the tech stuff in hte tech area of CK5 and stuff like that.
    You know waht would be kinda cool is a map of the U.S.A. so when a newbee comes in they can click on the state they are from/in and find out if a club has formed for them to join and maby a list of member's screen names that live in that state?
    Is that cheezzy?
    Ok I'll go get some more coffee......... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

16. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Why not make this a function of the Membership? Maybe this would get more to join. I wanted to start an Online Club where there are no dues. But, thinking about this more, I realised we would probably require some sort of due for having decals done. We could of course absorb this in the price of the decals. $60 a year really isn't bad for what you get.

We need to get more members to join as well. There are many people who have been around for a while and never joined. What is keeping these people from joining?

Talking with Steve, I realised it does cost money to run a site this big. I think the main problem lies in us being un-educated on bandwidth and those issues which Steve has to deal with daily. Could someone post a topic on bandwidth issues and try to explain this to us bandwidth-illiterate (sp?) people?

17. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I agree with Mudzer. Let those of us that paid up to the homage of ck5 retain our ability to post, and the others can enter and view only in the club forums. I would think that a few more people would join the team, and it would make us more cohesive instead of adding on another fee.

If you'd really like to know the truth, I wouldn't mind the whole board and all its forums except the for sale/wanted boards going to a pay site. Read only, but if you want to post, reply, search, or use any other features you'll have to pony up your $20. Sure, it would cut down on active posters a bit, but I think you've got a good enough following that the ones that remained would be those with something to actually input.

Bryan

18. Sinful_Nature

Sinful_Nature Registered Member

OKay so I am not K5 member as of yet, however I was thinking the other day- With the amount of info and aid poeple get from the forum of this site- Why wouldn't you join? Come on now... what is it $25/Year? Can anyone of us that actually use the board say that it in itself is not worth the $25?

My .02- The boards should be read-only to those who are not members. But that's coming from someone who still needs to join.

~ Russ

19. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Yup I have saved Hundreds of $$ sence I have been here! Hell if it wasn't for CK5 I probly would have never learned how to do a Ring &amp; Pinion swap/setup! Or met some of the most KillerDiller 4x4 dudes in North America!!

20. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

If it helps the site, make the clubs pay. Just dont restrict them to members only.