Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Should I do this?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Citizen Rider, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

I slashed a tire the other day. Now running on 3 33's and 1 31. Just gets me to school and back. My grandma is really helping me out by buying me tires now and me pay her back with my paychecks.

But ive come to a big fork in the road.

I would go with 33x1250-15 TSL's. But my friend is selling his 6" lift, all i will need is the lift steering arm and shocks, for 250. This is what i had in my plans.

I would probly be able to buy the lift in 2 months once i got money rounded up again. But then i would need bigger tires...

So my question is, should i try and see if i can get the lift, arm, and shocks, and some 36" TSL or IROKS and not piss money into 33's?

:thinking:

2. Rhinopkc

Rhinopkc 1/2 ton status

Why not find one cheap 33 to get you by until you get all of your money together. If you can't afford to buy tires on your own, can you really afford to have bigger tires and a lift? What if one of your new 36's gets ruined? Are you going to asked grandma to front you the money for a set of even more expensive 36's? Before you go with the big meats, get a reserve fund together for future tire replacements.

3. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

I'd find a cheap used 33 and go for the 36's. I got a used tire for my cherokee when it got a large hole in it for $20 that included mounting and balancing:D

4. JNygard

JNygard Registered Member

Also don't forget about Extending both drivelines and putting a cv joint in the rear driveshaft, for a 6" lift. $$$$

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

with tires that much bigger than stock, stock highway gears are a no no too.