Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

should I feel guilty?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by only 31s, Feb 4, 2005.

1. only 31s

only 31s 1/2 ton status

ok ive taken the time the last 2 yrs to do up my fs jimmy and recently someone slammed into me and efft it all up ,now im buying a done up sub,should i feel guilty because i didnt want to take the time to ''build up another''when i wear that shirt''BUILT NOT BOUGHT''i have so much pride.Im concerned about losing that feeling and how fello CK5 ers feel about this:confused:

2. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Here's a little advise....Dont go worrying about what others think of you. Do what's right and dont look back......

3. poinzey

poinzey 1/2 ton status

Normally I'm real quiet and don't say much...but sometimes one of these posts will get me thinking. If it helps to rationalize the new burb, think of it like this...

Chevy trucks have a life of their own. They will take you more places safer and show you more wonders than you can only dream of, but in return they need a lot of TLC. You went and spent a lot of time and put a lot of heart and soul into building up your Jimmy. The owner of the Burb did the same thing. Now, because of your circumstances, its your turn to take care of the Burb. Over time you will put a lot of heart an soul into taking care of her, and making her better. You should feel more honored than anything else that she chose you for this. Take good care of her. :)

4. bdozeraz

bdozeraz 1/2 ton status

Is this sub really exactly the way you want it? I doubt it. If you are anything like the rest of us you can't leave anything alone for to long. I bet you will find plenty of things to change to make it your own.

Brent

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

If I had it to do all over again, I'd buy someone's built up rig and go from there. It costs about 1/4 of what it costs to build your own.

6. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Not to be a dick in your time of sorrow, but any chance it had rear lift springs that are salvagable?

7. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Oh, and the burb thing isn't the end of the world. You spent a lot of time on the other truck and in an instant someone threw it away, essentially you're just getting a replacement that has as much time in it as your original truck did.

8. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Dood. I feel the same way a lot of times. Which is why i buy a lot of chevy vehicles that just need a good home.

9. only 31s

only 31s 1/2 ton status

i like that thought!

when you put it like that your absolutely right! i didnt even think like that {i believe im still in mourning} Thanks man.

10. only 31s

only 31s 1/2 ton status

I d!efinately want to transplant!

in due time, after the snowmelt {mass} i will be looking to part out to absorb some of the subs cost ,but before i list parts or prices i will become a full member and post in the for sale area. I figure about 30 or so days:)