Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

should i get it?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by audacious, Mar 23, 2003.

1. audacious

audacious Registered Member

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif i have just got a 350 and i have headers on it.i am using existing dual strait exhaust (flowmaster) which has mufflers and cats. The question is i want to know if adding a Universal X Pipe http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=23657&prmenbr=361 after the headers would be a good idea. i have the room just don't know if i need to equalize it? will it give me any benifits? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif thanks

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Probably not worth the effort. Its worth a few horses but most likely you would never notice it.

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Those work great on a 2WD, but finding room for it under a 4WD is pretty tricky. For best results it needs to be pretty close to the front, so putting it behind the transfer case would really reduce its effectiveness. You can put a straight crossover pipe close the the front.