Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

should i get loger drive shafts?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by milspecjimmy, Sep 23, 2002.

1. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

i just put in a rough county 4 spring 4" lift. and now the truck measures a nasty 57" to the hood from the ground, i have 32's on it and i think i got a 6 inch lift in error. the front and rear drive shaft are out of the slip part of the yokes quite a bit, the front is not showing any splines, and the rear is not leaking. do you guys think i need to get longer ones?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'd get the longer driveshafts made. I had new ones made when I put in my 6" lift. It wasn't too expencive, around $200.00 per shaft, but I went with all new everything and Spicer joints.

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Any drive shaft shop should be able to retube your shafts for about $50.

4. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

I've heard the rough country 4 inch lift looks pretty high for a 4 incher but I think if it was there 6 you would have run out of brake line.

5. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

i bought the longer lines and put those on first so i really dont know.

6. Scott73

Scott73 Registered Member

I have had two Rough Country 4" lifts and have two friends that have Rough Country lifts. Their lift is a tall 4" inch lift. I had an '87 SWB chevy with a Rough Country and 33s, and a buddy decided he wanted his to sit taller. So, he order a 4" lift from another company and put 35s on it. He came over and pulled up beside mine and mine was about a half inch taller. Needless to say, he wasn't very happy. So, yes it is a tall lift and I never lengthen my drive shafts on my SWB, but I think I'm going to on my Blazer.