Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Should I go Hybrid??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Dec 19, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Well I'm sitting here thinking about the K5 and what I'm planning on doing and wondering if I should forget everything and go S10 hybrid...
    [​IMG]
    I plan to tube the front end, narrow the rear, remove the top, no doors... I'm so far along maybe I should just remove the cab and slap an S10 single cab on there. Save some weight and be even narrower. I know where there is a newer body style s10 at a local junkyard, i am gonna go see how much they would want tomorrow.

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://coloradok5.com/forums/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1071892368sled_dog">

Should I go S10 Hybrid?
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />Go Hybrid, never look back and wheel her hard
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />Stick with the good old K5 body and beat the heck out of it till it can't take it anymore
    <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

2. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    Is this vehicle ever going to see the street?

Well...either way I think I'd say the S10...I like the extended cabs better for x-tra storage tho...but thats up to you /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Nope never see the street, well never is harsh /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. May have to hit the local bar cruise night once or twice but essentially never.