Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Should I go with a 1-ton master cylinder???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fad2blk99, Nov 17, 2003.

1. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

I just converted to hydroboost, but the master cylinder is no good. I was thinking now might be the time for that 1-ton m/c. But will it bolt up in place of the m/c off an '87 2wd 3/4 ton diesel? Is it even a necessary upgrade?
    I'm also running a 14b with rear disks.

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

i believe the one ton and 3/4 ton hydroboost cylinders are interchangeable, if not the same, call a napa store and ask,they will probably know if it will bolt up..

3. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

Okay... went with the 1-ton master cylinder. Bolted right up to my hydrobooster I swiped from a '87 2wd 3/4 ton diesel. Man, I don't even have my rear disks dialed in yet (Wilwood prop. valve to come) and I can make this thing stand on its nose!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i put a 3/4 ton boster and m/c onto a 1 ton dually that was originally hydroboost, and the liens worked, so hmm..

i didnt see any difference in appearance between the 3/4 ton and 1 ton m/c's though

i would worry more about condition of lines and hoses and brakes and such, and of the fluid too, rather than worry about how big of a m/c is on the truck, bigger drums and discs would make it stop way better than anything else

5. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

Not trying to stel a post but I just threw 3/4 ton gear in my 87, think this would solve the the problems of weak breaks whyeere they barewly work, i havent heard of others doing it but info would be great, thanks