Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Should I jump on this sale??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by George_Pimpdaddy, Feb 8, 2007.

1. George_Pimpdaddy

George_Pimpdaddy 1/2 ton status

Hey a good friend of mine has the axles outta his 84 blazer for sale right now after parting out the rest of the truck but the axles thinkin he was gonna put them on his dd jimmy. Anywho there for sale cheap now due to his living situation and are alread outta the truck. There a 14FF and a front 10B 8 lug 3/4ton both open and both 4.10 brakes are good also as i have driven the truck 1 month ago before the tear down. Hes lookin for around $400 for both but since hed like to see them go to a good home under my 89 blazer hes willing to let them go for $300, naturaly im all for it because my stock 10bolts are still great and i have a alburn posi in the rear that i would like to install in the new 3/4ton front axle is this possible? being a 89 to like a 84ish spline?
    So i would like to buy these and look over them maybe repack them and install both under my k5 when the time comes for the lift. Thinkin in the end id like about 5-6" lift and 35" mfg muds
    thanks guys

2. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

$300 is a good deal.

The '89 *might* have 30-spline axles but it might have 28. My '89 had 28-spline in the front. The '84 definitely has 28. No big deal either way, though. If the spline counts are different, just get some new axle shafts. 10-bolt axle shafts are very common. You could even go C-M if you wanted to drop another $300 (just for the inners) or just even swap somebody who has the parts you need.

3. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

$300 is a fair price especially since you know some history on them.

4. George_Pimpdaddy

George_Pimpdaddy 1/2 ton status

awesome guys thanks for twisting my rubber arm lol man i love this feelin

5. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

If you happen across another 4.10 14 bolt, lemme know! I'll trade 3 3.08 10 bolts for one! lol

6. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

If the brakes and everything else are in good shape, then it's an "okay" deal.....but definitely not what I would consider a "great" deal, at least for around here.

The 10-bolt rear in the '89 will most likely have 30-spline shafts, while the '84-ish front will be 28-spline. The 30-spline front shafts can be pretty hard to find, either new or used, because they only used them for about 3 years on the Blazers and Subs.