Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Should I keep these things or chunk 'em?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TX Mudder, May 6, 2001.

1. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Should I keep these things or chunk \'em?

I took out the seat on my 73 k20 so I can rip out the carpet and lay down some POR-15. I've never actually taken the seat out of one of these before, so I was surprised to see two approx. 3/4" holes under each seat with a plug in them. They came like this fromt eh factory, because I went and checked this on my old '76 parts truck and it's the same. Now, my question is should I leave the plugs in the holes or should I remove them so everything should drain? The 73 is rust-free around that area, but it also came from Colorado.
    My 76 is completely and totallly rusted out in that same area, but it spent it's life by the Gulf of Mexico. So I don;t know if those plugs would help or hurt.
    Anyone knoe what I'm talking about?
    -- Mike

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Re: Should I keep these things or chunk \'em?

They are there for a reason. I would put them back if you want to keep those pesky critters out of the cab. Also to keep water, dust, etc. out when you go play. Mice might find their way up to it and help themselves to new home. Dont want that to happen! [​IMG]

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: Should I keep these things or chunk \'em?

i would put them back in to keep water out and if you get water in pull them out to drain it then put them back in[​IMG]

77blazer see it at<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333>http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333</A>[​IMG]