Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Should I make my K-5 a pickup?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BillyBob, Apr 3, 2001.

1. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

The body is soo bad in my 87 I'm thinking of just slapping a p/u cab on it and making it a flat bed. I remember some guy a looooong time ago having a white and red K-5 turned into an extremely short shortbox p/u on this site... it looked really nice. I figure it's the only thing I can do in order to save my truck. Plus I could probably run some sick sized tires and get some nice flex out of it. It's just an idea, but I don't want to sell the truck the way it is. The only problem is that my family and I may move to an apartment, and I won't have any room for 2 trucks. Does anyone know what's invloved in this? Does the cab bolt right up to the frame? I just wanna make sure I know what I'm getting into before I decide on doing it.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://billybob.coloradok5.com>http://billybob.coloradok5.com</A>
    If it ain't leaking oil, it ain't my truck![​IMG]

2. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

Billy Bob,
    I wish I had a pic, but there is a truck in town here that looks pretty cool. What he did was put the cab of the pickup then he chop off the front steps of a step side bed which shorten it up for a perfect fit. Just an idea.

Ric

MY K-5 DOESN'T LEAK... IT JUST MARKS ITS TERRITORY.

3. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

Im doing this right know the front of the cab will bolt right on but the read body mounts im not sure of look like they might work but you might have ot cut teh rear body mount crossmeber out of the donnor truck i will know for sure what you have to do in like a 4 weeks right know im building new suspention

Bandit
    (Your right i dont understand the jeep thing)