Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Should I order these headers??? (Dynomax)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by anatomiczero, Nov 14, 2002.

1. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

I have an 80 Jimmy, A/C and smog crap. I'm thinking of getting headers and either keeping or redoing the dual glasspack setup to flowmaster 50's. I'm thinking of getting this from Summit Racing :

WLK-85003
    Dynomax headers are computer bent and leak tested, have die-cut exhaust port flanges, and machine formed and hand welded primary tube ends for unrestricted exhaust flow. They come with a black painted finish.

WLK-88304
    Dynomax designed this bracket specifically for Chevrolet small block applications with factory-installed air conditioning compressors that bolt to the exhaust manifold. This bracket takes the place of the factory piece when using headers.

Would I have any problems with these and will they sound better/ increase power? Thanks.

2. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

Any comments? I've searched about these headers but didn't find what I was looking for.

3. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

They will crack. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Spend a little more and get the better ones. I just installed Flowtech's and I am happy with them. A lot of people like Heddman.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Call Jeg's 1-800-345-4545 and order the (competition, NOT SUPER COMPETITION) Hooker Headers for your year/make/model. I recomened spending alittle more for the coated headers !!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif (I've always got the better prices from Jeg's) </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Vendor: Hooker Headers
    Product Line: Hooker Competition Headers
    Material: Steel
    Finish: Black

The best headers for your money.

Chevrolet/GMC: 265-400 1969-91 Blazer/Jimmy/Suburban 4WD, 1967-87 K10-35, with A.I.R. system, 1 5/8 in. primary tubes, 2 1/2 in. collectors, Competition headers

If you're looking for a header designed for maximum street performance, look no further than this pair of Competition series headers from Hooker. They're designed for the value-conscious buyer with stock or mildly modified engines. Made from durable 16-gauge steel, each set features 5/16 in. thick flanges that are heavy enough to maintain header integrity, yet pliable enough to seal each exhaust port.

[/ QUOTE ] [​IMG]

5. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Doug Thorley tri-y's are a good header they provide great low end torque with the tri-y design and made of 14ga. material that is nickel chrome plated or you can order them with cermaic coating already on there. They do cost more than any of the other brands mentioned above, but you know how the old saying goes "you get what you pay for." Just my .02 worth /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Where do you get the Doug Thorley tri-y's ????? I've done meny searches on the net fot them with out any luck. Please post a link.