Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

should i pay $1750.00 for wheels i don't want? need replies now!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ryanNC, Aug 19, 2002.

1. ryanNC

ryanNC 1/2 ton status

should i pay $1750.00 for wheels i don\'t want? need replies now!!!!!

i ordered some 20x10 beadlock wheels with 3inches of backspacing for my dana 60(69 1/2 inches wide) from a reputable company for some 8 lug wheels and they said they would be about 2 months away. well after a month went buy i could get no statis on my wheels and asked if they could cancel my order and they said OK! i then asked if they could get the wheels any wider than 10inches and the bolt pattern for rockwells....he said he would look into it and call me back. ive spent $500 with this company already and have been fine with there service and there products until now. i called for a week and left messages and got no reply until today and they said my wheels where a week away and they had 3 inches of backspacing.....my rockwells are 81 1/4 inches WIIIIDDDEEE....with wheels and tires im looking at 101 inches wide and i did not won't it to be that wide. i was wanting about 7 inches of backspacing to keep the track width at a minimum to keep the tires pivoting on a natural arc but now who nows what. i think if i'm going to PAY that much for wheels they should be the way i want. i did not get a call from them and they told me they can't put that much back spacing on them. what do i do???? thanks for your opinion

2. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Re: should i pay $1750.00 for wheels i don\'t want? need replies now!!!!!

Any reputable company will take back what YOU don't want. Worst case when teh boxes show up tell the carrier that you refuse to recieve the boxes...they will have to return them...as long as you haven't given them a CC number for them to bill you it should be all good.

IMO when operating a business, your main concern is your customer so that they will come back to due further business. You should be of value to them and I would flat out tell them you want and demand more from them. (service wise)
    GOOD LUCK
    --Josh

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

bowtieblazer hit the nail on the head. if it is what you want, then pay. if not DONT!!
    they should have asked. a resturant makes food to your order. so does a custom fab shop.
    3 inches is not to your order. send the food back ya know....
    grant

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Did you flip the hubs on those rockwells?

5. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

what bolt pattern are the wheels?
    8 lug or rockwells style

6. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

Yeah, it sounds like you need to flip the hubs on your Rockwells. Pretty simple to do, you really just flip them around the other way. On some, you have spindle stud clearance issues, but you can just shorten the studs or use bolts instead.

7. ryanNC

ryanNC 1/2 ton status

i cant i'm running hub disk brakes not the pinion style so there is no room to do that. the wheels did get changed to the rockwell pattern thank goodness