Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

??? Should I Post on CK5 While I'm at Work ???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 350350, Jan 21, 2004.

1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

??? Should I Post on CK5 While I\'m at Work ???

/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif OK, I just started a new job on Monday. I'll be doing CAD/CAM/CAE and my workstation won't be here for a couple of weeks. Next week there's a guy gone so I can use his tube.

/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif My Boss told me to be patient and that I'll have some projects in a couple of weeks. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif I've arranged my cube, dusted my keyboard, cleaned my phone, made rounds and wasted other peoples' time, asked if I could help anyone out with even grunt work about 100 times, and now I think I've become annoying.

/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif Everyone seems content for me to just kill time and wait for my new workstation, but I'm going stir crazy!!! My boss knows I'm just reading personal email and doesn't seem to care. I've looked over upcoming projects and can't go ahead any further.

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif What should I do??? I hate sitting here getting paid to post on BBSs and/or email buddies, but that's what the boss seems to want me to do at least until my new workstation gets here.

!!! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif !!!

Paul 'X' /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Re: ??? Should I Post on CK5 While I\'m at Work ???

i picked option 3. the fun part is, i'm at school /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

i say tear up some CK5. if you have nothing better to do, do something better! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

You could help me and Scott (MudFrog) put a shackle flip on his Blazer this weekend....hehe. Lookin foward to getting together with you at some point.

4. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I keep CK5 up all-day at work with another work related app in the background so I can just minimize if anyone comes in. I moved my desk so I face the door and can see anyone enter our office.

Did I mention I am at work now? /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. NerdBoy

NerdBoy 1/2 ton status

Of course you should post here! And, don't forget to vote, too! You can vote twice a day, now. Once at home, and once at work!

6. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Of course you should post here! And, don't forget to vote, too! You can vote twice a day, now. Once at home, and once at work!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hadn't thought of that!!! The new cable modem gets hooked up on Friday, so I'll be double-voting every day!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

Same here, I'm at work now /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. my boss knows everyone else and I surf the net while our lines are running good and doesn't mind. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

This place is a hell of a time killer. Its a roll playing site and can be corny but it can burn some hours away if your bored.

Go Gaia

9. lady bog

lady bog 1/2 ton status

Go for it, dude! You've asked around to see if anyone needed help already. If your boss gets mad I don't think he'll fire you, you'll get a warning IF THAT.

10. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Go for it, dude! You've asked around to see if anyone needed help already. If your boss gets mad I don't think he'll fire you, you'll get a warning IF THAT.

[/ QUOTE ]

My Boss walked by today and said, "Are you bored to tears yet?"

I said, "Please give me something to do!!!"

He smiled and walked off. I have a feeling I'm going to pay for this leisure time later!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Then I went back to CK5.com, searched ebay for LT1 Camaro and K5 parts, emailed some buddies... OMFG I'm going to go nuts!!! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Paul 'X' /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif