Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

should i re-bob my bed?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by crazyhole812, Apr 25, 2006.

1. crazyhole812

crazyhole812 1/2 ton status

i have an 87 3/4 ton. i bobbed the bed a few years ago when i started my project. i took about 10" off. i just got done shortening my frame and taking a 12" section out of the middle of the bed. no more fuel doors. i got ready to start hanging my 2 1/2" flip and i'm going to mount it forward from the stock shackle hanger posistion. i would then be able to take another 6" off the back of the frame. should i re-bob the rear or should i just leave it for later. i will have about 5 1/2" of lift and i am going to run 42's since i haven't gotten to a trail yet i'm just wondering how much dragging it will do.

2. crazyhole812

crazyhole812 1/2 ton status

no opinions? how much do you guys with blazers actually end up dragging your rear?

3. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

have any pics? A thread like this needs pics. that is something you could allways do later if you need to. why do all that work just to do it if you dont need to. plus your loosing storage space by bobbing it more.