Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Should I sell my '73 for a '72?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TopOff, Mar 4, 2002.

1. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

Should I sell my \'73 for a \'72?

Hi all,

I LOVE to go rock crawling. I LOVE the full convertible top. I have a '73 Blazer now auto/203 with 3/4 ton ARB'd axles. Should I sell this and get a '72 with a stick? I have dana 60 and corp 14 FF (both open). I am thinking about getting some 38 TSL but will more likely get some 36 TSLs...

I would like to get a detroit and ARB for the 1 tons, move my F.I. 383 and custom 5 core radiator, ARB air, and shocks.
    Is the '72 a good platform for rockcrawling or should I keep the '73?

TIA
    TopOff

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

Re: Should I sell my \'73 for a \'72?

parts are easier and cheaper to find for the 73+, leave us the 72 for parts or restore/forums/images/icons/smile.gif.

you can always get both...

ARQ.

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I have to aguree with arq...there arn't too many of these things left...lets try not to screw them up too bad (maybe I should have taken my own advice?). I just like all the curves that the 1st gen trucks have.

4. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

my vote is gonna go with the 73+ for rock crawling you've got a little longer wheelbase , parts are a lot cheaper and you won't feel bad chopping one up and cutting fenders and what not, and when you have major trail carnage it's no big deal