Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Should I take another class?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Mar 11, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm here at Wyotech, right now I'm studying ASM(business management), then its my standard Automotive Tech class, then Chassis Fabrication(my reason for coming here). My thought is, should I take Street Rod? Street Rod is mostly metal working stuff, chopping tops, and a little custom paint work(though not sure how much of that I would do being as I'm not a painter). I doubt I will ever use these skills in the workforce(I'd much rather fab chassis all day long) but when will I have the chance to learn this stuff again? Will cost me a couple more thousand and 3 more months, but its kind of a once in a lifetime thing... unless I got a job at some awesome street rod shop.

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

If your training/education is being undertaken with the hopes of gaining meaningful employment in a field that you will ENJOY doing, then by all means, spend the coin and get the extra education/exposure while you can.

It just might break a tie in a job competition. Plus it kinda sound like an awesome course, eh?:saweet:

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Take it, metal working and fabrication go hand in hand.

4. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

i say go for it. i'm finishing up with school in may and i kind of want to stay and take more classes. but i can't afford any more school. private institutions aren't cheap.

5. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

the street rod class would give you a nice step up over other applicants... especially because you could then apply to all the custom shops and not just sears or les schwab tires.....

here in cali today its a big market... and the need for custom skilled people is growing....