Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Should I use it or don't?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by UseYourBlinker, Feb 4, 2002.

1. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Should I use it or don\'t?

Gasket sealer on the valve cover's?

BTW I AM A OFFICAL MEMBER NOW!! <font color=orange>cause I'm ORANGE</font color=orange> [​IMG]

Eric
    from Freekmont,CA.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>Just some Negitive Space..</a>

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Re: Should I use it or don\'t?

i always have. why would you not?

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>

3. J.R.

J.R. Guest

some gaskets dont need it now days. depends on the brand and type of gasket. i spend the extra dollars for the ones that you can re-use. have always had luck with them and never had to use sealer with them.

BIG BLOCK MAN
    "MORE POWER"!!

4. rain1971

rain1971 Registered Member

I agree with using the rubber re-usable ones, if you buy the hand tightener valve cover bolts and use rubber re-usable gaskets, its lasts for along time (10 years approx) aslong as you keep good care of them.
    but ive also use gasket sealer in a tube, the orange kind, and it worked great, so each one is good.