Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Should I?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jc71355, Aug 16, 2002.

1. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

I found a 72 Blazer for sale down the street. It has a 350 of unknown origin 4 speed and 205 T-case. Looks to be rust free except for the rockers and the doors. Top is kinda rough but over all looks to be ok. Fairly straight with no major dents. It has a 2"ish lift with blocks in the back and 33/12.5 on 15x10 Mickey Tompson Classic's and Stock D44/12Bolt. I am not new to 67-72 trucks but I noticed the motor sits farther back than in my 71 C-10. The owner said it runs and drives good. He is asking 3500 for it which i consider high. He restores these trucks on the side and I am thinking of getting him to replace the rockers if I buy it. Do ya'll think this is a good deal?<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://coloradok5.com/forums/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1029529153jc71355">

What Should I Do?
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />Jump On It This is a good Deal
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />Walk Away From it, It's nothing but trouble.
    <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Price sounds kinda high. If he came down some it sounds good.

3. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

4x4 "K" '67-'72 trucks/ Blazers have their motors set back compared to 2wd "C" trucks. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

4. mplogic

mplogic 1/2 ton status

Seems to be a bit high for a truck with any visible rust. Although the first gens usually do go for a bit more. I looked at lots of 'em when shopping for my and my bro's trucks. Seems like even old beat up rust buckets were going for around 2 grand. I found one nice looking 71 that had a lot of metal replaced and new paint but needed a lot of mechanical work for $2500. The interior was stripped, and I wasn't too impressed with some of the metalwork so I passed it up. It looked great from the street, but I could see it turning into a nightmare with "cover up" bodywork and shoddy mechanical work done by the 18 yr old owner. One bit of advise is to never buy the first one you look at. Shop a few more in your area and then at least you will have something to compare to.

5. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

So what would be a Fair offer?
    Also, How much should I expect to pay to have rockers changed out?