Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Should Timmy join the band?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Oct 5, 2004.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i vote no, you have some good qualities. plus you have some good tech, where is debatable /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Im in the banned /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif roltf no timmay should not /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I have respect for a man who dosent waive a gay rainbow flag around promoting the use of half ton axles /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Rock on TIMMAY!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

As said on South Park...there are many colors in the homo-rainbow let your colors shine. If you play the flute better than the other guy join the band. The liberal media says its ok, right?

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    As said on South Park...there are many colors in the homo-rainbow let your colors shine. If you play the flute better than the other guy join the band. The liberal media says its ok, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

STFU /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif I don't care about your backcountry loving opinion. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

I'm just sayin', if you think your a better flautist try to join the band. CBS will run you as a cover story, and prolly retract it 3 weeks later (gay man joins band, oops-straight man that plays the flute /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif we didn't think we needed to fact check)

7. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

STFU /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif I don't care about your backcountry loving opinion. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww **** it I'm naked. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

im nekkid too /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I voted yes just so Backpassage couldn't say I was picking on him by voting for him to leave.

Under all my clothes I'm naked too.../forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Rene

11. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Well, I voted no. I've seen Tim make some really good contributions here. I think that, just like UPS and FedEx, he has some "delivery" issues. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

I find him to be very opinionated, biased, and when he makes up his mind on a topic, he sticks with it no matter if he is proved wrong or not, then on the next post about that topic he once again tells it like it ISN'T. Examples are the shackle flips for towing, gearing for diesel powered trucks, safe towing etc. I talk to him on AIM all the time and it is clear when talking to him that the first opinion he forms about any topic is the opinion he sticks with and he will argue that side til the day he dies. This is NOT the kind of person we need on CK5. He tends to help out the younger guys a lot who ask real basic question, so he gives the illusion of being a good guy that really wants to help out, but as Rene said in a post a few months back, his posts are written in a "self congradulatory" manner that only boosts his ego. A few years ago when I joined CK5 a guy like him would not even exist I don't believe because there wasn't near as many new guys asking basic questions, and even when there was the guys that answered really knew their stuff (Rene, Wes, the Steves, Russ, etc.), not Tim with his know it all attitude and statements mostly of opinion and not fact. If the kid would just shutup for a minute and listen to the other side of people's stories he would be all right I think because he is smart, he just tries too hard to prove that to everybody for whatever reason. This is why I do not post a lot because first of all, I most of the time do not feel like replying to 50 posts a day, nor do I want to come off as a know-it-all. I think there is a lot to be said for keeping your mouth shut learning instead of spewing out everything you've learned thus far. By the way, I voted yes, but if it was up to me, it would not be permanant. I think (and hope) that someday he will grow out of this phase he is in and then I think he would be welcomed by anyone here. Until then, all he does is start arguments in almost every thread he sticks his nose into, and thats not OK with me. I admit, I have done my fair share of starting stuff in a post, but not NEAR the frequency that Tim does it. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

13. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I think he should join the 'I want attention so I make post about myself' club. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

14. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

what the hell is this about anyway?? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

15. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

I voted no. This guy is crazier than a sh*thouse rat, and politically he might be a special ed candidate, but he's fun to argue with. At least he's not constantly spewing "positive vibes" crap like another person in a similar poll. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

16. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said, Tyler, well said.

I voted Yes.

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I think he should join the 'I want attention so I make post about myself' club. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif My point exactly. The funny thing is that people are posting in it, as if I didn't start the post.

"Hello pot, time to get stirred." /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

18. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

from the sites page encourageing new members.

[ QUOTE ]
    The problem with most "free" Message Forums are that they are occupied by too many simpleminded individuals who are more interested in arguing with and attacking others, while making the interactive experience counter-productive for the rest of the participants. Not only are our message forums void of these types, but our forums also consist of an incredibly knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly group of enthusiasts. Many members, in fact, have told us that access to the message forums was worth the price of Membership alone, due to the stimulating, intelligent, and helpful conversations that go on there. To our pleasant surprise, the community on our forums has over the last few years become a close-knit family, and we invite you to join it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many people are confrantonal tim, and others blueblazer.
    tim is not always wrong, and in maters of opinon there is not right or wrong. I have seen tim told off because after he was wrong repetadly, but when the acuser finaly checked for himself and say he was wrong. he started telling tim off.

tim might not be confrantational, but every ome that starts a fight looks like an ass. and are 1/2 the problem.

19. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have no problem with Tim at all.He has alot of knowledge for a young guy. Has helped me out a few times with stuff I needed to know. Some people think he is a little cocky but who wasn't at that age. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

tim should stay, too. for the same reason that backward ass can stay, cuz they keep it interesting! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif