Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shoulder belts?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LKJR, Aug 14, 2001.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

noticed my top has holes for shoulder belts. Anyone making use of these. obviously it wouldn't work with the top off and probably more trouble than it's worth but just courious.

Like em big and topless

2. ImpalaSS

ImpalaSS 1/2 ton status

the factory ones were non retractble so you could still use the lap belt when the top was off...... check out my photo albums than go to options to see pics of some NOS factory shoulder belts...... http://communities.msn.com/68k10

68 SWB 4x4 1 of 1,449 made 327, 465 4 speed, rockwell tcase, dana44, 14 FF, [urlhttp://communities.msn.com/68K10[/url]

3. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

so how did that work, the shoulder belt just replace the lap belt when you used it?

Like em big and topless

4. bitchin4x4

bitchin4x4 1/2 ton status

Well, for what its worth... I had a 76 blazer before and was in a rollover accident with it, and if the top on my 72 Jimmy came off as easy as that did and went as far as it did, I don't want to be attached to it!

That top broke off instantaneously and went down the road about 100 feet from my vehicle.

thats my 2 cents ! ;-0

I just had my rollcage put in and the next step is tying in bars for my 5 point harness.

If it ain't broke, break it!