Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shoulder seatbelts

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Yukon Jack, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Anyone ever try to put seatbelts from like an 89 style truck into a 67-72? Got some in a crew cab I think will work, just wanted to see if anyone has tried it.

Would need to dye them black, but I hear the dye's you can buy work pretty good. Anybody have experience doing that?

2. skyblazer

skyblazer 1/2 ton status

I looked at some belts like that and I think they would work fine. They bolt to the floor right? Prolly just a little trimming to the plastic covers and they'd look like stock equipment. I think I'm going to go with some from a jeep wrangler. They are a self contained unit and will bolt up to the vertical post in the bed just behind the seats.....just have to find a pair of used ones...new ones are $$$$$!

3. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Yep, both the front seats and the rear seats bolt to the floor. The rear seat belt housing is alot smaller than the front seatbelt housing. Looks like they should work.