Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

should've stayed in bed...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by beater_k20, Apr 28, 2005.

1. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

nothing like coming into work at 6:30, half awake, and someone telling you "your slideout is on the floor over there." i walk over to the coach that i had helped pull the slideout out of yesterday, and sure enough, the slideout had fall off of the lift and onto the floor. we're not talking a small slideout either... 18 feet long, and 3000+ plus. it fell onto a 3 foot diameter shop fan, a folding table, a wooden chair, and a brand new Sony 27" TV that was pulled out of the box just before quitting time yesterday for another coach. we found that the hydraulics in the slideout lift had leaked down considerably, and the jackstands we used to steady it on the lift didnt (go figure ). happened sometime between 1 and 3 this morning. funny thing, there was a spray can of undercoating on the table, and where the slideout landed it was just enough to push the button on top of the can and empty the contents onto the table and the outside wall of the slideout. didnt knock the can over, or damage it in any way, just emptied it. anybody else have a day like this? I CANT WAIT TIL FRIDAY!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2005
  2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i have one or two of those a week. just read my sig.

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Note to self.
    Never sleep in a "slideout" that was built by Jeremy!!!
    :D :D :D

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i dont build em, i fix em. it wasnt attached to the coach, it was sitting on a lift next to the coach, and supported by jackstands. FWIW, it wont leak when we put it back in, and the ceramic tile floor will be perfect.

it was a kitchen slideout too, dont know why you'd wanna sleep on the counter. :confused: :D

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Ok this is the point where You lost Me :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

6. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Whell son ,,ya really messed up this time,,, this is another PRIME EXAMPLE of people who DONT pay ateention, to what they are doing,

just like i tell the other wooper snappers, " PAY ATTENTION BOY" , or else!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: j/k ,, hope everything works out with that, hey accidents happen :)

7. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

ok... talking RV tech talk...

here's a coach, with 2 slideouts.
    [​IMG]

the front one is the one that fell over, on the particular unit we were working on, it was 18' long, and maxed out our 3000# forklift when we tried to pick it up. ended up picking it up by hand.

8. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

How the hell does that work?! :dunno:

9. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Seventh Circle Demons Summoned By Black Magic

10. thezentree

Is that expensive?

11. Resurrection_Joe

It sepends on the current variable value rate set on your soul by Alan Greenspan and various other agencies

That is unless you have the proper pacts made with the Asgard and Blue Heaven sects in the new Americas

Then you just have to ask nice

12. thezentree

With 34 years in the Konshu militia, the Blue Heaven sect should feel indebted to us/me, especially after what happened at the Battle of New Qurna. I don't think it would be too much to ask if they'd help me with a little yardwork this weekend.

13. Resurrection_Joe

I really doubt that if you fire up your Pandora and get March on (assuming she isn't running around with Shay and Ayla slashing up the entire universe) she'll help with yardwork. Maybe she'd stand under a tree halving falling leaves, but that's more of a yard ornament speculative job then.

Plus, that's about 70 years in the future

I can see time

14. Resurrection_Joe

Quit ****ing up my storyline Zen

15. thezentree

Not astericking up you storyline, just talking events that happened. Now or later. And help in the yard is help in the yard, whether or not it's standing around looking pretty. I need a distraction from that freaking lawnmower that never runs right.

16. Resurrection_Joe

March runs around topless all the time, though most girls RJ knows does.... coincedence?

I think I know of someone who would gladly scotch the earth and salt it so no thing will grow..... but he's usually busy. Plus he almost never wears clothes. He paid us well for that goddawful huge bike he tools around on though.

It's really fun to watch the twins play cats cradle. Especially when you remember that they're the disunited soul of one being. Or maybe not. That's my theory anyway. They've been around long enough to form seperate identeties anyway.

Oni's Rhadamanthus arm needs the nested hadn tweaked I see. Stupid MP5

17. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

What the heck is it made of at 3000lbs???? Concrete??

Wow, that entire vehicle must be freakin heavy then... Are those units air or hydraulic braked?

My buddy has a 5th wheel with a HUGE slideout, I had no idea they weighed that much, but I guess it makes sense. When you're inside his, you can't tell it's a slideout at all, totally stable and solid.

18. Resurrection_Joe

Well you have to consider most of the inside gets pushed outside

19. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune bro. thaty really does suck.

20. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sorry dude, I have days like that................funnest "now" Mark, Hawaiian friend in the USAF and I were running engines to test my Flight Instruments and I selected the right side Hydraulics, the cooler split and the fluid was getting sucked into the APU (small Jet engine for emergences/startup) didn't know this at the time, just saw a HUGE cloud of white smoke rolling away from the aircraft to-wards the other A/C. Told him to call the Fire and Rescue trucks, he was jamming on the FM radio instead of the local VHF and he broadcast over FM (Fire aircraft number___ location____emergency response required blah, blah, blah) Fortunately, the Security Police were on the right channel and called 'em in. Actually there was no damage other than the blown fluid cooler (like a huge transmission cooler) smoke was just the jet engine burning the hydro fluid. Didn't even get a bad word said to us, just good work boys, shutting everything down and standing by with the big fire extinguishers.:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: