Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Show me 8" lift pics...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MR4WD, Feb 17, 2003.

1. MR4WD

MR4WD 1/2 ton status

Jul 28, 2002
    Show me 8\" lift pics...

I've got a stocker 91 blazer right now, and an 84 p/u with 44" boggers and a retarded big block. Anyways, I plan on tearing the truck down and building something lighter (like a jeep or fj-40) I know it's sin, but I'd prefer my running gear in an open top, shorter wheelbase, lighter unit. 496, fully manual 400 with a 28 hundy converter, twin stick 32 splined 205, 35 splined Dana 60 and 14 bolt with 5.13's detroit, 1410's, discs and 44" boggers on bead locks etc... Anyways, I'm planning on taking my 8" springs and throwing them under the K5, and running my shackle flip and either the 4" rear springs or blocks on it. I'll run the 5.13 diffs for a bit and I'll work on another set of diffs for my next build up (5.86 or so, with a similar set up)

Anyways, long story short I plan on running an 8" lift on my 91, and then going to 1-ton diffs. I have a spare set of 39.5's collecting dust that I may run if they'll fit. I'm not to keen on hacking up the body on this truck either, but as there's rust forming around the fenders, I'd consider cut-outs an option. Basicly, I want to see pictures of trucks with 8" of spring, or 8" of spring and 3" of body. What hits and what fits? I'll be running the cross over junk onto the 91 from my bogger too, since that seems to work well. What am I looking at for rear driveshafts? (the blazer's got a 465/241) I'd like to be able to hussle down the highway with this truck, and I understand that I have to run a cv on the back, but do I have to go to an SYE kit, or can I just make a cv/slip yoke?

Thanks in advance, Chad.
  2. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

Dec 29, 2001
    Re: Show me 8\" lift pics...

A quick search popped this up.

8" lift who's got 'em

I think it'll show you what you're looking for.