Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Show me pics of 38-40's with Aluminum Wheels!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MR4WD, Jan 2, 2004.

1. MR4WD

MR4WD 1/2 ton status

Show me pics of 38-40\'s with Aluminum Wheels!

Just like the subject says...

I have 44" boggers on my blazer now, but it's my only vehicle. I need something that'll get me around for a few months, and I'm looking into buying a set of 38" SSR's, which would match my 5.13 gears nicely. I have 15x14 bead locks on the 44's and the SSR's are a 16.5" Rim. I'm looking for pictures of bigger tires (37-42 would work) with anything other than steel wheels, just to get some ideas of what would look best...

Thanks, Chad.

2. MR4WD

MR4WD 1/2 ton status

Re: Show me pics of 38-40\'s with Aluminum Wheels!

bump!

3. MR4WD

MR4WD 1/2 ton status

bump, again.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Welcome MR4wd,

This is a hardcore site. We don't go around climbing mall parking lot curbs, we go out and 'wheel. Most of us run steel wheels. Some run aluminum, but none that have tires that big.

Hardly any trucks here have 44" tires. Those that do are truggys or seriously built machines. They run steel wheels. Whiteknight is a prime example.

ColoradoK5.......The anti-bling /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. 84K5BD

84K5BD 1/2 ton status

hey did you see his profile? you should check it out before you call him a mall cruiser. as far as 44's go, speak for yourself, they will be on my k5 by spring, waiting to get my dual beadlocks from stazworks. i don't think there is anything wrong with running aluminum wheels, weld rims are badass. it would be nice to have two sets of wheels for your ride. there's nothing wrong with a little bling /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I think Bowtiered had some nice wheels on rig with 38" MickeyT's on it. And rjfguitar has some welds on his 35" Boggers. I think you're going in the right direction, but I have heard some bad news about the 38"SSR's. I guess that for the money the don't ride as well as they should and some people have complained about them being out of round. I'm not sure how much ride quality matters to you since you're currently on 44's /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Good luck

7. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Welcome MR4wd,

This is a hardcore site. We don't go around climbing mall parking lot curbs, we go out and 'wheel. Most of us run steel wheels. Some run aluminum, but none that have tires that big.

Hardly any trucks here have 44" tires. Those that do are truggys or seriously built machines. They run steel wheels. Whiteknight is a prime example.

ColoradoK5.......The anti-bling /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

8. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

I think it sounds good, nothin wrong with your rig still looking sweet and being hardcore at the same time. I just can't belive your from fort McMurray my uncle is from there, no wonder your into trucks and beer theres nothing else to do!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'd go with the Parnelli Jones 38s. They are just a little more than the SSRs but they are nice on road and still perform well offroad. If I ever get around to building a big lift street truck(with light mud duties) it will have PJs.

10. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

so mr. chevy K10...none that run tires that big run aluminum wheels? WRONG! I ran 39 boggers with aluminum wheels and ran trails at paragon, now im running 42s with aluminum wheels and im still climbing trails....you really should research things before you jump out on a limb and make stupid statements

ill see if i can get you some pics MR4wd

Later

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

At least someone responded now. You guys have left this guy hangin' for weeks! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

ha, if I could afford it I'd run aluminum rims, but those aluminum beadlocks are just too much ching for me

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Yeah, $250 a piece, but the bling factor is hard to rule out, they do look pretty cool. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Even the TTC rig, "The beater" ran nice wheels.

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

First off I'll assume you've got 1 ton axles sence you've got 44's. So now we're talking 8 lug. I don't hardly know of any 8 lug Aluminum rims. I'm sure they're out there, but I don't know of them off hand. There are some pretty kewl steel rims, but it's your choice.

15. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I want some Walker Evans locks
    [​IMG]
    In unpolished but they only come in one size (17" rim) and they are $325 each. Saw them on Paragon's rig at Bloomsburg, I like them but I would have to switch to something like Krawlers or Pro Comps and thats too expensive(17" tires outrageous).

16. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Sweet wheels, but nothing could make me go to 17s. They don't make any tires I'm interested in at all in 17s...YET.

17. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    First off I'll assume you've got 1 ton axles sence you've got 44's. So now we're talking 8 lug. I don't hardly know of any 8 lug Aluminum rims. I'm sure they're out there, but I don't know of them off hand. There are some pretty kewl steel rims, but it's your choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I run 16x10 8 lug SHINY Aluminum /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif wheels with 35" X Terrains.............they are most certainly available. Cost - $120 each.........at 4WPW.

18. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

my 88 has American Eagle 589s 16.5x12 8 lug

there are a TON of companies that make them...

Later

19. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I think what he meant is that nobody makes 8 lug 15s in aluminum, which is true, it'd be pointless.

20. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

I dont think there are 15inch aluminum wheels for 8 lug though