Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Show me pics of no Inner fenders.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sandawgk5, Dec 13, 2005.

1. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I wanna see pics of no inner fenders and how battery and puke can are mounted. My drivers inner can come right out nothing on it the windshield washer is mounted to the fender itself. But on the passanger side the battery try is against the inner but it bolts down to the core support atleast it looks like it does and the puke cannister is ounted to the inner. It is not heavy and I have some aluminum flat bar could prolly bend a bracket and mount it to the fender itself. Any pics would be great.

Thanks

Ira

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]

CHOP CHOP!!
    Grant

3. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Grant you dont have much fender left either. I am looking to keep the battery where it is I think I can brace it down to the Core support. I got to take some measurements and figure where I am gonna put my puke canister.

Ira

4. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

Get a universal overflow tank from Auto Zone for abuot $15 and while you're there you can also get a marine battery box for another $13 and some cables to relocate your batt. inside the cab. Or you could just make a little bracket like I did for a while and attatch the bottom of the stock battery tray to the core support, the top of the stock unit just bolts to the fender. Also, if you have a charcoal cannister on your rig like I did w/ my TBI you can mount that on the core support by drilling two new mounting holes for the bracket, the lines will reach the extra 2" no problem. With that said, I put my inners back in and I'd like to keep them this time since I have a tendancy to drive through a lot of deep water/mud and cleanin mud off my intake isn't exactly something I enjoy doing every time I go out.

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

if i wanted then i could put the factory bat box in as all the nuts are still in the fender. i will be removing what is left of the front fenders and getting some tube up front. batts will be inside the frame rails in the back.
    Grant

6. outlawtorn

outlawtorn 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

Thats from the outside looking in... My bat tray was rusted out and ripped off otherwise it was fine. I just welded a cut down tire iron in for a brace:haha:

7. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status

8. DougK20

DougK20 1/2 ton status

Here's no inners for ya!

The battery is in the cab between 2 buckets seats and I used Rockstompers power steering reservoir as my coolant tank.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]