Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Show me your beds!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by badfish4tail, Aug 16, 2005.

1. badfish4tail

badfish4tail 1/2 ton status

I just pulled the carpet from the bed of my K5.
    I was thinking of going with a Rhino Liner, but then was wondering what some of you have done. So please show me some photos of your bed's!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: Thanks..

2. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

i removed all of the carpet from my truck, and had planned on some type of bedliner, but decided against it. not because i dont like the products or i found it to be too expensive, just because my truck has moved out of its daily driver status and will clean up the same. i did however paint the bed of my father-in-laws 82 f150 stepside bed with the bedliner that comes in spray cans. also painted the bumpers, grille and window trim with it too. leaves a nice flat black and seemingly tough protection.

ryan

3. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

I just had the floor in my suburban sprayed with line-x. I will get some pictures of it. I would recomend line-x over rhinoliner.

4. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Herculined myself $100........
    [​IMG]

5. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

i herculined the whole thing as well, for only $100 i think it came out real nice. ill try to get some pics up.

6. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

7. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

I used Walmart Duraliner about $80 for the whole interior. Lots of prep work :doah:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. badfish4tail

man that looks good jeff

9. badfish4tail

this is the only photo i have that even shows my bed
    as you can see i always have alot of crap rolling around back there

k5.jpg

10. justwhatido

justwhatido 1/2 ton status

Don't have the photo yet, but..

I am painting red, gray leather interior and having Line-x sprayed on the floor from up under the dash to the tailgate.

I think that Line-X will be thicker than Herculiner or Rhino.

Fred

11. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I had mine Rhino'd in '98, firewall to the tailgate. Its held up great, but I had it done in red and it has faded. My only real issue was w/ the installer. They sprayed it too thin the first time and I made them redo it.

If I was going to do it today I think I'd use Line-X. It's not as slippery when oily. Either way its a great mod. When I had mine done it was my DD and I liked to leave the top off. After I did it no more worries about rain.

12. gotmud77

gotmud77 1/2 ton status

I am getting ready to start spraying reflex liners at my shop. It is about a 1/4 thick and stays rubbery. It uses automotive paint to shade it and is very good about not fadding. Some of the other companys are a harder type material, line x or rhino are this way the guys that have these liners will agree i am sure. With the reflex liner it is like one of those thick bed mats you can put in your bed. I will be doing the tub of my k5 when i get the doubler in and the shafts on so it will be a couple of weeks yet but i will post up some pics of the finished job. I think that i will be doing fire red in mine.

13. Broke84

Broke84 Registered Member

I just finished doing my entire floor - firewall to tailgate, in Herculiner. I guess it depends on what you want. Line-X and Durabak both seem to be good, but too smooth for my taste. I got the Herc because it seems thicker and the texture looks good to me. It's got rubber particles mixed in the paint for texture. That and I got it on sale at Pep Boys for $70. Add $45 to that for 2 coats of Rust Bullet, plus 2 days of sweat and I've got what I consider a very nice floor. I can't speak about durability yet, but it seems to be fine so far.
    There's a post in the Body Shop where I have some pics of the first coat, I'll be taking new pics of the finished product when this rain stops.

14. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Is there any issues with Herculiner fading or peeling. I am seriously considering using it on my floors. This only one year after buying new carpeting! Carpet holds too much dust! I have nice power, cloth, tahoe seats that will be coming out for something vinyl or similar materials. It takes way too much time to clean after a trail ride now!